Nice exp. when runninig today

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Tried a timed 1.5 miler today. did it in 8:30 and Im quite pleased with that as it was pissing it with rain, and was windy as hell.
But anyway when I was running I went past a group of lads all sheltering under a football stand, caps on and trackies etc. I thought great *text deleted* get a random barage of abuse.
Was chuffed when I got "come on mate, you can go faster than that, dont give up" On the way back when I went past again got some proper cheers and "well done mate, keep going"

Just thought it was nice and did bring a smile to my face.

chew1e

Reaction score
pleasant chav's?! whats the world coming to?!

nice time by the way mate.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Good time pal - Maybe this Chav 'phase' is finally coming to an end?!

Midnight_assassin

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
where going to have to start calling them chan's, me and samforrest where out doing hill runs and stuff, and we stopped and done max press ups and sit ups, after we finished this couple asked us what were training for, we said the marines so they gave us a fiver, and they wouldn't except that we didn't want it! so that brought us grub on the way back *text deleted*!

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Only a fiver? Tut. And there's you guys willing to put your lives on the line

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
To be honest, much as everyone derides the "youth of today", I spend a lot of my working day visiting secondary schools & whilst I could never have the patience to be a teacher, I seldom walk away thinking anything other than positive thoughts. My negative thoughts are usually aimed at the teachers that cannot control the classes, but to be fair the same challenge daily cannot be easy.

I have a 9 year old son & he, as much as most secondary school students, constantly surprise me with the knowledge & maturity possessed (far more advanced than me at the respective ages).

The "social ills" that get moaned about today are no different than when I was aged 16, in 1978. There were complete t*ssers then too. (I speak with insider knowledge on this one!). The only difference today is that drugs/alcohol seem more readily available (and probably more tolerated by society) and there seems to be more teenagers with criminal convictions - possibly just population growth, maybe better policing, likely a less tolerant society- "We can't give them a smack anymore, let's give 'em a criminal record instead".

Tolerance & thinking of others seems to be the key from all sides. I've said it before, but if I interviewed a clone of myself aged 19 next week, I'd probably reject him for being an arrogant thicko - fortunately my Careers Adviser was wiser than I.