Nike+ Accuracy?

jallen289

Reaction score
I use Nike+ and I'm doubting it's accuracy. When I measure a route on www.walkjogrun.net the route is 4.83 miles but on Nike+ the route is 4.33. I have measured the route in my car and it shows as 4.9 miles so I'm confused.
Has anyone else found this? If you use Nike+ I suggest you measure the route using your car or walkjogrun to double check it.

DhobiWanKenobi

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I use Nike+ and I'm doubting it's accuracy. When I measure a route on www.walkjogrun.net the route is 4.83 miles but on Nike+ the route is 4.33. I have measured the route in my car and it shows as 4.9 miles so I'm confused.
Has anyone else found this? If you use Nike+ I suggest you measure the route using your car or walkjogrun to double check it.
Depends how well it's been calibrated and whether there are many hills on your route (which will change stride length). I found when switching from Nike+ to a GPS watch my running miraculously improved. Either that or Nike+ was overestimating my running distances!

OneMoreWrap

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I find mine to be quite accurate, times me in for a 9:05 all the time.
I'm *text deleted**text deleted** run a different route I see if it has any effect on my time, but when I use a treadmill my time is still the same.
It's a good bit of kit :)
I'm running the Lincoln 10k this Sunday and will be using it then so I will see how it measures

maophia

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi lads, I'm having the same issues with walkjogrun against MIadidas and Runtastic app for my phone. WJR reckons 5.5 miles but the other two come it with something crazy usually between 7-8miles...using phone GPS isnt *text deleted**text deleted** be accurate but this is a massive difference!

DhobiWanKenobi

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
The Nike+ system does not use GPS at all and it is hard to ever be accurate (presuming the OP is referring to the normal Nike+ system rather than the GPS app).

I recommend checking a map if possible to check distance accuracy.