Ninja

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey up,

How does it work on your end after a candidate passes PRMC? Is it your decision when I go onto RT? I've chatted to about 15 lads from my PRMC and they've all been given there RT date but when me and two other lads call our's he tells me he's still waiting and will contact us this week. I was just curious as to why they have there dates and we dont.

Cheers

Loz

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Speaking from personal experience, a few of us lads from the Brighton AFCO were given a choice on when we wanted to start depending on what troops still had spaces. Not sure how it works at other AFCOs.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Generally as soon as we get notified of a pass we will bid for entry providing all administration elements of selection have been completed.

It maybe that your referees have not returned their references & have therefore delayed the submission of your Security Questionnaire to the Defence Vetting Agency (DVA) to obtain your Security Clearance(SC). If you require a residency waiver or have lived overseas in the last 5 years the SC takes longer because of overseas checks.

Incidentally anyone re-joining with ANY former military service must be granted full security clearance before written permission is granted for re-entry and a provisional entry date may be requested.

Other delays could be because you may not have an "in date" passport, or you have changed your name & haven't provided a change of name deed-poll, have an outstanding court appearance, you haven't produced your birth certificate or other admin oversight.

Hope that helps.

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Doubt i'll have any of them :S, same with the other 2 lads.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It may be worth checking with your AFCO that they aren't waiting for anything off you, just in case.

I do know that those working in entry allocations have been mad busy with changed RN entry dates which have involved contacting 20+ AFCOs to re-allocate start dates, so possibly there is a bit of a delay to RM allocation notifications because of this.

ninjamej

Reaction score
ite loz i passed 2nd september prmc stil lasint got my joinning date yet