No beeps

Thedarkknight

Reaction score
Hi guys

just had my interview and my CA said that the press ups etc are not completed to the beeps it's just still do as many as you can in 2 minutes

redman

Reaction score
My CA said the same, but on the brief it says that they are. I am preparing for either. It will be interesting to hear from someone going down this week. When's your prmc?

Thedarkknight

Reaction score
Guess we've just got to be prepared for whatever. Not sure yet got to do my PJFT but my CA said there's one at the end of Feb so he will try and get me on that as they're are struggling to get lads through because of the medical. Have you got a date?

MumtoRM

Reaction score
@redman, there is no PRMC this week as far as I'm aware.

Next one is PRMC 737 next Tuesday.

Smith.M91

Reaction score
Well prepare for both or you will get caught out.
Remember the P's Prior Preparation Prevents P' Poor Performance

Nathan100101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I had this problem a little while back, my CA was confident there was no bleeps but from what i can remember changed his mind after a few weeks and said that the changes were now in place.

Problem is now that you guys have been told something different again and no one really knows whats going on :s

Thedarkknight

Reaction score
@geordie_edd The interview was really easy. Didn't ask much just some scenario based questions and a bit about team work, discipline and a time about planning an event. Basically what it said on the brief. Chances are though you will probably under go the new selection based interview rather than the competency based one.

Thedarkknight

Reaction score
@Nathan100101 I don't think it's a massive issue either way. It's one element of the PRMC and as long as you can do a fair amount of push ups sit ups and pull-ups should be fine in the gym tests. It's the second day that's the real test.

BrigRat

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
It doesn't mention bleeps in the POC briefing file I got sent either.

Best to practice both.

mati120

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I had my prmc briefing today and they were unaware of the changes when I mentioned them until they went through the new prmc briefing with us and then said that I must of been correct as it does state they are now done to a beep and doesn't mention a time limit

Nathan100101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
@geordie_edd The interview was really easy. Didn't ask much just some scenario based questions and a bit about team work, discipline and a time about planning an event. Basically what it said on the brief. Chances are though you will probably under go the new selection based interview rather than the competency based one.
Yeah thats a fair point and many including myself are happy to train for both simply in week 1 of RT you are tested to bleep, just would like to know simply how we will be tested on prmc, just seems a bit disorganised *text deleted* if you asked me but thats just my opinion

"freddie"

Former Royal Marines SNCO.
Reaction score
You could max out the score sheet, or scrape a pass either one could easily be a fail. PRMC is the chance for you to see what our Corps (yes I know I'm retired, but you'll learn ;)) can offer you, if you like it and equally important, for the Corps to look at you, if you come over as not suitable no amount of push ups or pull ups beeps or no beeps will make a difference.
Think of it as the longest and possibly the hardest job interview you will ever do. Especially when YOU think no one is watching. ;)

BrigRat

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently as of the end of March, beeps are officially being used for all RMFA exercises in POC. I don't know for PRMC. I also don't know if it's being used sooner.

I personally am finding myself struggling now but I'll dig in and hopefully still produce the goods.

TrainInSaiyan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Had my prmc brief for 3rd of March the other day and was told it was to beeps, also the latest prmc diary it was done to beeps. Think the change has happened.

BrigRat

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Had my prmc brief for 3rd of March the other day and was told it was to beeps, also the latest prmc diary it was done to beeps. Think the change has happened.

Yeah seems like it. Definitely worth always working to beeps now.

OJL

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Wish it was true. Oh well best crack on training with the bleep.

oJNAo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Will this mean that less reps are likely to be taken off for bad form?