No Blisters!!

iBeef

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd share with you what I did today. Me and a few mates have decided we want to do some camping in the summer in the peak district (not on a camping site bear grylls stuff!) so today we went to scout some potential locations and climbed kinder scout at edale. However i didn't have any decent footwear suitable for it so i decided to go to my local army surplus store and buy some new genuine issue boots (wanted a pair for a while to do the odd run in) so i got some along with boot socks and some plain combats.

My mate had some from OCT at uni so we both wore a pair, surprisingly comfy *text deleted*. Walking up hill killed my heels though and i felt blisters starting to form. 2 hours later we reached the peak and my feet felt like they were in bits. We decided on the way back down we'd MTFU and run the flats and declines.

Made it back in 1 hour and 17 mins which wasn't bad only like a slow pace but the boots being heavy took it out of us. Got back to the car and took of my socks and to my surprise no blisters! A few red marks and my right forefoot was slightly swollen but soon went down once we'd been sat in the car a bit.

Think I'm *text deleted**text deleted** wear them for running every now and again as they didn't aggravate my shins which pleased me so maybe they'll help me get back into full swing with my running. All in all i thought it was a pretty hardcore way to wear a pair of boots in climb the highest peak in Edale and then run back down :cheesy: sorry for the long post.

Steffan

Reaction score
Think I'm *text deleted**text deleted** wear them for running every now and again as they didn't aggravate my shins which pleased me so maybe they'll help me get back into full swing with my running. All in all i thought it was a pretty hardcore way to wear a pair of boots in climb the highest peak in Edale and then run back down :cheesy: sorry for the long post.
do you normally have trouble with your shins? do you get shin splints?

iBeef

Reaction score
I got shin splints for the first time at the beginning of this year, I think that my fitness recovered quicker than my leg strength. I've been slowly building them back up with exercises and stretches and I've got to the point where its no longer painful, just a dull ache sometimes. At the moment I'm just doing 2 slow paced runs a week to build their strength up and they're getting much better, but yeah didn't feel a thing today which made me happy

Steffan

Reaction score
ok awesome, gives me some hope as i suffer from them as well occasionally :sad2:

Anthony_H

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like my shins splints are the same as yours, only got issues when I started wearing all the hyped up running shoes. But I never have issues in my Magum or Mil-com boots, I can walk for miles up and down mountains in a solid pair of boots pain free. I think my shin problems are due to over use of weak muscles and wrong footwear, and the extra support and height of the boots help a lot.