Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

No more POC places this year?

Discussion in 'POC Section' started by boarder34, Mar 20, 2019.

1. boarder34

boarder34 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Just finished my interview yesterday, was much more chill than I thought it was *text deleted* be. I passed, but my CA told me that all POCs were full and I am on the waiting list now. He also told me the POC in May is the last one but if there are enough numbers there might be on in June.

What are the chances that I will be given one do you think?

Thanks - either way I am happy and will go down OR route if I don't make the 2019 batch.

2. boarder34

boarder34 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Does the swear filter not like abbreviations? Don't think I swore :O

3. dodgyknees

dodgyknees Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    There is usually a last minute flap with an extra POC or two added. In some cases the FSB has been pushed back to accommodate. I think this depends on the numbers already passed AIB and how many ‘credible candidates’ there are in the pipeline. Particularly if they are in the last year or two of application (due to age). No idea what the situation is this year but wouldn’t give up hope just yet.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Just to add to this, those who have not been previously advised of whether they have made the cut for the Batch are usually advised by letter during the third week of July. That's certainly been the form for the past few years anyway.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  5. boarder34

boarder34 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Okay, I'll stay positive and will keep cracking on with my preparation - Thanks :)

6. griphouse7311

griphouse7311 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Just heard the same aswell. I thought they usually have a last minute POC in June aswell. The very last POC of the year, normally being in June time? Been told to stay prepared, if anything pops up.