Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

No such thing as a daft question?

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by Ninja_Stoker, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Illustrious

Illustrious Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

You needn't worry Old Man, it'd be wasted in the Navy anyhow :wink:

2. R

R Well-Known Member

Not Seen :cheesy:

3. Grimmey

Grimmey Member

Just seen that HAHA. You can tell that the RM Facebook staff want to actually rip into him but have to keep it proffesional. So thats where Ninja comes in! Just what that Facebook needs. A BS detector!

4. Grimmey

Grimmey Member

It is nice when serving or ex marines come on and basically call them on their BS. Or rip the :flushed: out of them. It does get annoying however when people just feel the need to step in and defend the 'Royal Marines' honour by pointless arguing. You know the old "no paras are crap Marines are best". All that BS...

5. lawley23

lawley23 New Member

Crash any words from the wise???

6. DotCotton

DotCotton New Member

Hi

I'm new to this and not used to laptops so I'll just dive right in I'm 36 and want to join I wear contacts my mate told me I was too old for the marines. Would like to know thanks.

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Welcome. Unless you have former regular service, applicants must commence Recruit Training by their 33rd birthday unfortunately.

8. ChocolateMum

ChocolateMum Parent

Hello, Thanks for the help from everybody!

Hi,
    I have found it really helpful on here to find out about the Marines, as I had no idea about any of it!
    I noticed on th RT section that quite a few parents had posted, so know I am not alone, but have not seen many post prior to recruit training. So, Ninja, I wondered if it might be possible to have a 'Parents and Partners ' section, where newbie parents and partners could ask really silly questions, to help us learn more, support our family members and each other?
    To all you recruits and potentials, thank you for providing so much helpful information already (and sometimes making me laugh!):smile:

9. ChocolateMum

ChocolateMum Parent

Found Families and Partners section! Sorry!

Re my above post, requesting a parents and partners section, have just found the Families and Partners section that you can only see once logged in! Hadn't realised there were more bits to see and use once logged in, so that's great!
    So Ninja, scrap my request above!!
    Thanks.

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

No problem, always happy to be a hinderence : )

11. bucky

bucky New Member

Que lingo

Maybe a silly question or not I'm not sure, but can anyone tell me if its a good idea to study a language... pashtu, for example, in preparation for my plans to start training at the beginning of next year.

12. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Learning a language ? any ? language is a valuable life skill.

Perhaps a good start is to learn some of the basic social greetings and to study the important culture differences of your chosen language.

The notions of respect, dignity and offence are often very different to those that commonly prevail in Western Europe.

13. bucky

bucky New Member

Cheers, good advice. I'm already fairly fluent in spanish, and i know bits and pieces of half a dozen other languages. Was really wondering if pashtu was the way to go, and a recommendable approach. *text deleted** used rosetta stone a couple of times and its the mutts nuts. Some folk complain about the relevancy of the stuff you learn on it though. Any and all input is much appreciated.

14. bobby0234

bobby0234 New Member

Aircrew specialization

Hi
    Can anyone tell me if there is a cut off age for the aircrew specialization. I thought I read somewhere that it was 27 but on a recent internet search I could find no reference to this only, that you had to be a corporal.
    Thanks for your help.

15. brockie1996

brockie1996 New Member

random !

hi, you know on some people's posts when they post they have their psychometric dates, medical dates etc, and whether they passed or not, how would i do that for when i post replies :) ???

16. OneMoreWrap

OneMoreWrap Member

Go on User CP (control panel), then on the left select 'edit signature'.

17. brockie1996

brockie1996 New Member

okay thanks :)

18. DSN

DSN New Member

*text deleted** been on this site for a few weeks now, and so far *text deleted** had to ask 0 questions. Everything you need to know is already here. Which is brilliant.

All bow down to the mighty search bar :D