Nod Just finished week 5

Rogerst

Reaction score
Well done mate, I start rt on the 4th of June! Have you enjoyed your first 5 weeks? What has been the most enjoyable and what has had you thinking sod this

Xilent01

Reaction score
Congratulations mate, keep at it

What was your biggest worry when starting training? And also how did you adjust to life during training?

Charlie13

Reaction score
Well done mate, I start rt on the 4th of June! Have you enjoyed your first 5 weeks? What has been the most enjoyable and what has had you thinking sod this
Most enjoyable thing is 100% the banter you have with the lads. It’s what keeps you smiling when it’s *text deleted*. So far I haven’t had a “sod this” moment because I know it all happens for a reason. There’s been a few low points of course, freezing your arse off during wet and dry on sentry obviously isn’t the most fun

Charlie13

Reaction score
Congratulations mate, keep at it

What was your biggest worry when starting training? And also how did you adjust to life during training?
I don’t remember having many worries as such before going down. Just general apprehensions. I feel I adjusted quite well. Sleep deprivation was the biggest shock to my system, going 50 hours or so with 20 minutes sleep and all that but you get through it somehow. I think you’ve got to remember that you want to be here and what’s at the end!

Duff1996

Reaction score
What is phys like in the first few weeks?

Rogerst

Reaction score
Most enjoyable thing is 100% the banter you have with the lads. It’s what keeps you smiling when it’s *text deleted*. So far I haven’t had a “sod this” moment because I know it all happens for a reason. There’s been a few low points of course, freezing your *text deleted* off during wet and dry on sentry obviously isn’t the most fun

Thanks mate, good luck with the rest of training!

Charlie13

Reaction score
What is phys like in the first few weeks?
Not too bad. A lot of imf. Sessions are 45 minutes, usually have double sessions. Occasionally single and a fair amount of swimming. Swimming sessions can be tough if your not the strongest swimmer. Camp circuits are pretty grim but everything is doable and progressive which is good. The real challenge is doing the phys on minimal sleep! Plenty of “extra phys” too

ERFC

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Good effort just keep digging out. Use this break to let your body recover and get that sleep back in you! 11 weeks and phase 1 will be done and you’re halfway there then.

Charlie13

Reaction score
Good effort just keep digging out. Use this break to let your body recover and get that sleep back in you! 11 weeks and phase 1 will be done and you’re halfway there then.
Thanks. Not long now, 27 more weeks :D

Latest posts

New Threads