Not a great start...

hazza190

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
This morning i decided I will start running, might as well start. After a while feeling quite confident running good pace, then i tripped,. There was a big hole in the tarmac i didnt see haha well landed face and one arm first. So all in all first run and broken arm and twisted ankle. :laugh: I think its something to do with my trainers i'm just using my astroturf ones... I know
But anyway after I recover I'm thinking of buying some proper running shoes. Can anyone recommend any?, I dont really want to be spending too much £40 at most to be honest.
Cheers,
Harry

hobbsy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im assuming you havent got a dodgy running style *text deleted*. Try some by Asics or Nike, make sure they are lace up ones, and spend as much as you can, dont be cheap with trainers, anything to save your feet, be best investment you can make. You can get some shock absorbant insoles aswell, they are pretty good.

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Got mine for 75 quid *text deleted**text deleted*ing well worth it so comfortable when running!!!:praise: They are asics:toung:

hazza190

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ok cheers I will have a look. I will probably spend about £60 now :laugh:
Seen some good ones in JJB.
Anyway cheers guys!

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Go to a propper running shoe shop, not JJB.

You need a shoe thats right for you,not one that looks nice mate

manonfire

Reaction score
:iagree:

Best thing to do mate don't just buy a cheap 40 quid pair

FrancisL1991

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Unlucky

I used to have similar problems mate.. Definately try asics running shoes.. Plus it will stop you from getting shin splints which is a bugger of an injury.

ben25

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
the people who work in JJB dont know there arse from there elbow , go to a proper running shop