Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Not a PRMC DIARY 15th - 18th OCTOBER 2019

Discussion in 'PRMC Diaries' started by epicurean, Oct 18, 2019.

1. epicurean

epicurean Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Hi everyone

Just passed PRMC and thought I’d post some simple advice on here to help but I’m not going to go into scores and details about the course.

Basically the simple rules that have been said time and time again but never seem to get listened to are;

1) Do as you’re told when you’re told
    2) Do it at light speed
    3) No scratching or fidgeting means exactly that
    4) If you’re given a time to be somewhere, make sure you’re there at least 6-7 minutes early.

If you can do all that then your time on PRMC will be simpler and less of a ball ache from the start.

Some bits of advice are;

- Train legs with high volume body weight stuff, in particular lunges and squats.
    - Get lots of hill sprints in
    - Make sure everything is done to the best of your ability because the training team don’t miss anything.
    - Don’t take ages in the showers because it makes everyone else’s life difficult.
    - Dont waste you’re time or the teams time if by turning up if you can’t do the RMFA stuff.

short and sweet. Don’t want to ruin the surprise for anyone :)

• Like Like x 10
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  2. HEF_RM

HEF_RM Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    How was bottom field and endurance course?

What RMFA scores did you get?

Well done on passing mate!

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  3. epicurean

epicurean Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Thanks,

Not going to mention the scores, I like my anonymity ;)

Bottom field and the Endurance course were both absolutely awful BUT they’re both doable.

As long as you keep going you’ll be fine, people over think them both and worry too much about what’s next and when it will end, it’s much easier if you take it one step at a time and focus on what it is that you’re doing at that moment. It soon ends and you feel mega relief.

• Like Like x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  4. Determineddog

Determineddog New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    @epicurean I was on this too / Now who to figure out who you are.....

To anyone viewing this thread with their PRMC looming - when you’re there, take it all in. What you’re about to experience is like no other, you’ve got one hell of an opportunity towards finding out a little about yourself - Don’t waste it.

It pays to be a winner...

DD

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  5. epicurean

epicurean Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. HotelBravoMike

HotelBravoMike Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Just out of curiosity, is the red post at the start of the assault course still there?

I heard some idiot (definitely not me) broke it.

7. epicurean

epicurean Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yeah it’s still there, I’d imagine they replaced that pronto

8. HotelBravoMike

HotelBravoMike Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    ahaha very glad... -banghead-

Congrats on passing, when are you looking to start RT?

What did you find more difficult; Bottom field or the endurance course? I personally found the endurance course a massive hangout and where wanted to wrap more than the determination test

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  9. epicurean

epicurean Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Hoping to get on 2nd December intake with a few of the other lads from PRMC.

Bottom field was hard but endurance was definitely more of a test of my mental grit and will power, 200m or walking lunges uphill and through mud and stuff is enough to destroy anyone soul. Anyone that says they did bottom field or endurance without the thought of wrapping coming to their head is a liar.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
  10. JWJ

JWJ Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Just to be that guy, I enjoyed the Endurance course in a kind of sick way. You can look forward to some sections of it in phase 1 exercises where it’s a lot lot worse -vomit-

• Seen Seen x 1
  11. epicurean

epicurean Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    @JWJ don’t believe you, fibber.

• Seen Seen x 1
  12. JWJ

JWJ Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Genuinely though don’t get put on the flank on quick cover I think it was. Probably the worst “physical enrichment” I experienced

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  13. HotelBravoMike

HotelBravoMike Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    There was nothing enjoyable about the endurance course other than the mars bar at the end and the Cpl laughing at me walking like I had sh*t myself, that was a morale boost. But the duck walks, running in between, lunges all grim. It was my second attempt at PRMC and having made the 10 hour travel home last time with the fail I just told myself not again so hey, was worth it I guess -vomit-

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  14. epicurean

epicurean Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Free phys right? ;)

15. epicurean

epicurean Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Also, to anyone that’s reading this, if you can get some good cross country runs under your belt then that will also benefit you MASSIVELY on day 2 of PRMC.

I did hill sprints once a week prior to PRMC but in hindsight I should have put more of an emphasis on trail running. Endurance course wouldn’t have been such a bugger on my legs if I’d have mixed my training up a bit

• Like Like x 5
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  16. ALDL9RM

ALDL9RM Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    @epicurean cheers for posting, I find threads like these some of the best that the forum can offer. Nice one:cool:

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  17. epicurean

epicurean Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    No probs, don’t think it’s helpful to post individual stats on here, it’s counter productive to those that might be struggling in areas where you are excelling.

It’s better to just offer advice based on experience.

And let’s not forget that humility is one of the Royal Marines core values ;);):D

• Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  18. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

A very good point. Many train for PRMC exclusively on hard, flat terrain such as roads and footways. The terrain at Woodbury Common is a mix of uneven, pebbled trails and boggy heathland.

Even if one cannot practically access this type of terrain for training it's definitely worth mentally preparing for an unfamiliar running environment.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  19. HotelBravoMike

HotelBravoMike Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Absolutely, I think people put too much emphasis on the gym tests because the requirements are there in numbers - do this many reps etc. Cross country running is something I only done a few times and absolutely wish I'd have done more as well. Just be careful not to roll an ankle ;)

• Like Like x 2
  20. epicurean

epicurean Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Consider your cover blown, I can hear the lady like scream and the inevitable tumble that followed as we speak ;):D

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1