not another press up thread :*text deleted*:

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hello guys this isnt really nothing special but i was just wondering once you done say 35 press ups and yours arms are aching are you allowed to bend your back upwards and rest and then come back down and do more press ups? because your not actually coming out of the press ups position? :*text deleted*: and does anybody else do this?

JoePRMC

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hiya Mate

I did a Royal Marines Aquaint Day the other day and a couple of the lads done it there and the PTI's allowed them to do it, and i dont think they would if you wernt allowed.. im not 100 % sure. Ive got my PRMC next week so il have a look for you :D

Joe

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ok cheers mate anyone else know of an answer?

Wintle

Reaction score
*text deleted* mate, I think it depends on your on who your PTI is. I have heard that if you even stop for too long they pull you off but cant be sure as I havent done me PRMC yet.

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
No mate .... no arching your back (well not for more than a sec or 2) when doing press ups in gym test 1 while on prmc ... if the pti's catch you in the act they'll knock press ups off your score ... be warned mate! Even resting to long with no movement can result in you being withdrawn or points deducted .... no matter what just keep going but keep form!

Mad Manc Matt

Reaction score
Just keep going, just keep banging them out until you physically cannot lift off the ground, but remember your supposed to last 2 minutes, try getting to 60 in one go and then see how you feel, i can do 60 in just over a minute but then im f""cked the second minute so im trying to establish a happy medium.

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
dont mean to hijack the thread, but in reply to the above thread do they actually care how long you keep going or just how many you get out cause i max out 60 now but it doesnt take 2 mins?!
cheers

State of Mind

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
PRMC is run on a points system. and to get maximum points u *text deleted* last the two mins without hardly stopping. No *text deleted* not aloud to ark *text deleted* back for the reasons shiloh sed

SoM

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
oh well i thought from what i was told, maximum points was for getting the maximum ammount ie.60 and that you had to aim to do 60 in less than 2 mins.. now im confused cause how can you make 60 (if thats your max) last 2 minutes and your saying even though youve done the max ammount because youve done them quicker than the time limit its not max points?
weird!

sjuggins

Reaction score
I reckon their thinking is that if you can last 2 minutes it requires more physical effort and determination than just blasting them out. For me, to do 40 pressups quickly requires much less effort than to do them slowly and take the full 2 minutes.

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Lshort1988 said:
oh well i thought from what i was told, maximum points was for getting the maximum ammount ie.60 and that you had to aim to do 60 in less than 2 mins
Your right mate, if you can do 60 in one minute thats maximum points you don't have to last the whole 2 mins.

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ah brilliant, cheers for clearing that one up for me. I was trying to figure how i could make 60 which is my max press ups last 2 minutes, that would be a severe burnout doing reps that slow *text deleted*

sjuggins

Reaction score
Chris5818 said:
Your right mate, if you can do 60 in one minute thats maximum points you don't have to last the whole 2 mins.
Are you sure on this? Surely if you only needed to get 60 pressups to get max points in the 2 minutes, then the people who do more are getting no extra points except tyring themselves out more. You could just bang them out in a minute and have an extra minutes rest. I thought you had to go for the full 2 minutes or until the PTI says stop?

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Granted if you were to reach 60 you don't just stop and get up *text deleted* you'd get bollocked, you aim to do as many as you can or till failure, They will mark down your total wether it be 60 70 80, they want to see determination. I can't last 2 mins doing press ups but i still got full marks for doing 60 in around 1.30mins, they get the scores afterwards when everyone's stood up.
The more you do they more they will give you credit and it may help towards other things like if your situps were way below average and give you the benifit of the doubt, thats why they just tell you to keep going on your pull ups as well, maximum is 6 but they don't stop you there if you can do more