Not going to PRMC

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
Supposed to be going down to PRMC next week but unfortunatley I wont be going.Ive managed to compound my injuries to the extent where running is a serious effort and usually results in my in agony for a few hours after a short run.Im taking at least 1 month off running fullstop and starting fresh.

So once again im back to square one!

FFS

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
No way mate, sorry to hear that! Hope its nothing to serious! Has a doc or physio said what the problem is? Sorry mate not trying to be nosey :blush:

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
thats a shame mate. i was getting injured left right and centre and had two months off the running. seem to be ok again now with prmc 18/3. motivations had a kicking though as been dragging on so bloody long. good luck in the meantime

Olliemills

Reaction score
Im gutted for you bud,
I'm at the docs tomorrow morning, hopefully he'll tell me that im fine and to stop being a pansy!
Im sure your just as determined as me to pass the commando course and get your green beret, and that giving up really is not an option. With that in your mind you will make a super speedy recovery and come back twice as fit!

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
No way mate, sorry to hear that! Hope its nothing to serious! Has a doc or physio said what the problem is? Sorry mate not trying to be nosey :blush:
Well its re-occuring knee problem plus shin splints,everytime it seems okay it coms back within a couple of weeks.So this timw im going to rest it completely instead of keep 'testing it' so to speak.

Rob

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Alot of us have been there mate. Just keep interested and keep fit.

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Well its re-occuring knee problem,everytime it seems okay it coms back within a couple of weeks.So this timw im going to rest it completely instead of keep 'testing it' so to speak.
Well mate, as you say just take it easy and fingers crossed it wont be too long before your back at it agin.
:thumbsup:

LAS920

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that buddie, but remeber, just because you cant run, doesnt mean your CV has to stop. Im sure you know this already but swimming is a great way to maintain Cardiovascular levels without the impact of running on a hard surface!

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
I should be on PRMC in May,gutted I cant be there tommorow,but cant risk going down there and failing then being put back 6 months.2-3 months isnt quite as bad.

Azza01

Reaction score
That sucks dude, im in a similar boat im going throug hthe application process and ive bodged my knee a bit, not sure whats wrong but im *text deleted* have 2-3 weeks off, at 1 week and a bit and my knee feels fine but im *text deleted* make it 2 to be sure and maybe even 3 i dunno. I think it was over training and bad shoes/surfaces. Like leestewart920 said get swimming, its a good cv workout, im going 5x a week at the mo, its pricey which is a bastard but is worth it in the long run to keep *text deleted* fitness from dropping anymore that need be, good way to strenghten your lungs. Also a lot of your muscles will get additional conditioning work which is great.