not my day

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
hi guys,

i will get to to the point.

i did my pjft today and failed it :( how can i pass this i have been training everyday and i can't understand why i failed,
the only factor is that i was thirsty at the start and this i the reason i could of failed.

help!

the time was around 10:15 to 10:20 est.

cheers

CJ

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe you didn't warm up enough? You need fluids and food in you. You need rest. And you need determination, unlucky though mate, all the best. :shakehands:

M

MTW

guarantee it was either to do with being slightly tired or dehydrated?, i can only run about a 3rd of what i usualy can if im tired

and dehydraton has a devistating effect on performance, but donw worry bout it mate, i should think you will get another one in like a week or two weeks, just prepare properly and the smash it!

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Don't let it get to you mate!

Have you ran on a treadmill before and tried to simulate the PJFT???

A lot of good road/cross country runners find they are useless on a treadmill for the first session or two, untill they have got used to it.

If you havnt ran on a treadmill before, go down your local gym and mess around with them and the speeds etc and getting used to how you have to run on them.

Running on a treadmill sounds simple, but it throws a lot of people first few times.

atb

Gtlaau

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
so close mate bad luck
Here is a thought. do you think you put ervything you had into it. and i mean ervything????

I almost threw up after doing my pjft. my timem was 9min. i gave it ervything i had.

ask yourself this basic question: What could you accomplish if whenever you said ‘I can’t’ or simply thought ‘I can’t’ - a gun was pointed at your head and you either get the job done – or die.

Just remember that next time you think you cant do something. you should be able to get that little bit more out of yourself. no more excuses. its only up to you.

now you have some training to do. let this be a lesson to you. its not a failure but a learing experience. you now know how much more you have to put in. so get out there and put the work in

I kknow you can pass it. you must beleive in yourself.

Train hard you can do it

Now get out there and TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN

Cheers tom

liverpoolfc

Reaction score
When i did mine the instructor set the pace on the tredmill so if i keeped running there was no chance i was going to get under the 10 minute mark.

Goodluck

where about in liverpool our you from

smallzy

Reaction score
When i did mine the instructor set the pace on the tredmill so if i keeped running there was no chance i was going to get under the 10 minute mark.

Goodluck

where about in liverpool our you from

really? if someone done that when I was doing my PJFT i'd knock them out and tell them to *text deleted**text deleted* off

Gorillawizard

Reaction score
So are the running machines like the ones in the gym ie. in kph and buttons to make the speed go up and down *text deleted* whenever i go on one which is nearly every day i put it on speed 15kph for 1.5 miles or 2.42km and when it gets to about 1.80-2.00km i stick it up to 16.5kph for the end bit, i get about 9:20 or there abouts everytime.

liverpoolfc

Reaction score
ye there the same, you actually do it in a gym that the AFCO choose I did mine in LA Fitness

deano1617

Reaction score

its only a lil bit of pain
thats all i was thinkin when doin mine
just know u can beat it before u go and push urself
gd luck

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i just started talking to the instructor during it *text deleted*. took my mind off it a little bit.

the only problem i really had was my breathing, i was breathing like i hadn't had air for years *text deleted*..

when you failed it how did it come about? did you just generally go jelly like in the legs and thought oh sh*t i cant run? or did you think "meh i cant do this" and just hit the stop botton.

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i just started talking to the instructor during it *text deleted*. took my mind off it a little bit.

the only problem i really had was my breathing, i was breathing like i hadn't had air for years *text deleted*..

when you failed it how did it come about? did you just generally go jelly like in the legs and thought oh sh*t i cant run? or did you think "meh i cant do this" and just hit the stop botton.

nah i didnt quit i stayed on for the whole ride. i was at 10:00mins at 2.34km.

how ever i nearly gave up at 2.0km but i held it in there and finsihed it, which i am proud of doing!!! as i know i never just quit.