Not preparing for PRMC?

the_robmeister

Reaction score
I was just wondering, at PRMC, do you get guys that havent prepared at all? As in they walk in without training thinking that they are already fit enough?

mlewis123

Reaction score
I wouldn't say just walk in but you do get some guys that are incredible unfit, I'm sure they get their training tips from Runners World 5k for beginners "2min jog 5min walk x4" then think "yep, I should be ok for PRMC"

They soon realize when their bent over hanging out their arse after the first 1.5mile of the 3miler.

Matt.

the_robmeister

Reaction score
Its just strange *text deleted* its not like the AFCO doesnt tell you to fully prepare.

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Tje PJFT is already a pretty good indicator on whether they will pass the 3 miler.

the_robmeister

Reaction score
Do you think TY? Its one thing doing 1.5 miles on a treadmill in the time but i would say it would be alot harder after doing another 1.5 miles right before the start.

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well the time you need to do the PJFT, is equivalent to the 1.5 miles best effort back. Im assuming if they can do that, they should have enough energy to do a lighter jog for the first 1.5 miles. I know myself, I run a lot better with competition, Im very competitive. So when Im running back, it will seem like a race and push me that much harder. I think that always helps push people on the 3 miler as well, don't want to look weak.

Although people still do fail the 3 miler. It's sad sometimes, cause some people have an off day. However I guess thats no excuse on the battle field. Either you can do it, or you can't. I find the key is not to burn yourself out at the start of the best effort back. Although you *text deleted* look strong on the way back, your energy can be zapped pretty quick when sprinting. Don't let your ego get bigger then your body.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Whilst the PJFT is a good coarse filter, you would be amazed the amount of people that pass the PJFT & think they're home & dry without the need to train further.

By far the biggest amount of fails is on the very first evolution on PRMC - the 3 mile run. It used to be on day two, but now it's day one the chancers are sent packing early.

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I understand what he says about compertition i cant train at the gym when its empty. I compleatly boloxed up my PJFT n came in with 9.45 blowing out my backside then on the 3miler i just kept myself right at the back conserving energy then on the return leg i passed loads of people at a good speed and just before we got to the sign a Sgt who was on the run with us said "Come on lad you can beat him" n pointed aggressivly at the guy infront of me n i wa like "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL YEAAA" I shot off another 7 places up the run but like wise i wa heaving like a gudern when the Finish was in sight n my lungs had contracted all they way back up to sheffield n the guy infront herd me comming n sped up fanaticaly. *text deleted*. I must say tho that run was loverly, Nice day combined with adrenaline n the natural high from work out put me in a good mood for the rest of the PRMC. There was only one guy i dident think trained and he turned up in trainers, smoked like a chimney and collapesed after 16 press ups on Gym test 1 not only that he withdrew himself moments before the determination test so yes you do get people like that.

LC