Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

not recommended for rejoin

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by dg1991, Apr 16, 2019.

1. dg1991

dg1991 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Does this 100% bar you from rejoining?

2. ave!

ave! Royal Marines Commando

I got told I was totally unsuitable for service in the RM when I went on AIB.

Now who’s laughing “sir”

• Like Like x 4
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 4
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

It doesn't stop you applying but the clue is in the text.

Generally speaking, the individual really has to hack a lot of people off in their haste to leave, in order not to be recommended a subsequent re-entry. Most commonly this happens if an individual wants out before the mandated minimum four weeks, often using the tried and trusted pencils up the nose, underpants on head ploy or just by being a complete cluster. Most do not realise at the time that their wild and whacky actions are recorded for future reference, should an epiphany later occur.

Sometimes the category states "Not Recommended All Services" or just "Not Recommended RM and or RN". It depends on the actions & antics of the person leaving at the rush.

If not recommended for re-entry and providing a good period has elapsed since discharge, it would help to rebuild those burnt bridges by getting a few independent references vouching for integrity, maturity, independence, reliability, work ethic, etc and establishing a good rapport with you AFCO prior to re-applying so that your careers adviser considers you a credible, viable prospect.

Again, facing East may help. Possibly.

4. Thomo

Thomo New Member

What did you do? :D

They normally say come back in two or three years if you leave under a cloud. That's impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

In one of my present jobs I'm told how unsuitable I am on a fairly frequent basis! Still there though. :)

@dg1991 I reckon you've got a good steer there from Ninja. Let us know how you get on. Best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Reminds me of a RM Brigadier addressing an All UK recruiting conference in Portsmouth.

The chap is a bit of a legend, you name it he's done it, a top man. And, never knowingly stood too close to the clippers when visiting the barbers.

"When I joined the Marines" he began in a broad accent, "my Careers Adviser in Liverpool told me I'd never be an Officer as long as my arrse pointed downwards". Much sniggering.

By happy coincidence, I was the Office Manager in Liverpool at the time of the conference.

"Just shows what they know, eh?" he continued...

S'pose I should've been relieved he didn't give me a Lord Flashheart-style headbutt as he left the auditorium :(

• Hoofin Hoofin x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  7. 777-200

777-200 New Member

This sounds like a case for @CHUB! The Patron Saint of the Last Chance Saloon.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Thomo

Thomo New Member

Maybe worth a PM

9. Steph

Steph New Member

Are you barred from re-entering? Or asking for a mate? You don't seem to have logged back on after asking the quezzie!