Not so much a new guy..

Aspiring87

Reaction score
Alright lads,

Been hovering around these forums for quite a while now. Have been trying for a good 4 months now to get the fitness up to a standard, possibly done the process the wrong way round but today im popping into the AFCO to get the application and get the ball rolling....wish i had done this 4 months ago as i have a long wait now, but on the plus side i feel more confident in my fitness and have a good foundation to build on now once the application is going through....anyway thats my boring update...all the best!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

By preparing well before applying, your selection process pipeline-time is far more likely to run swiftly & smoothly. Your Selection Interview in particular should come across fairly well with regards your motivation & maturity. Whilst it's accepted that many may have to further develop their fitness, it's a pleasant change to come a cross a candidate that's just about "ready to go", rather than a multi-stones lardy that's going to be taking months & months.

Best of luck to you

andy5sm

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

By preparing well before applying, your selection process pipeline-time is far more likely to run swiftly & smoothly. Your Selection Interview in particular should come across fairly well with regards your motivation & maturity. Whilst it's accepted that many may have to further develop their fitness, it's a pleasant change to come a cross a candidate that's just about "ready to go", rather than a multi-stones lardy that's going to be taking months & months.

Best of luck to you[/QUO
i was one of those, cheers ninja, but i think a (multi stoned lardy) as you put it,shows alot of determination and hard work to make it through the selection process!!!