NSRT

Freer

Reaction score
Is there any good books to help study for the NRST.

Nemesis!

Reaction score
I found the Royal Navy Recruit Test Questions book (How2Become series) quite useful. I also bought a mechanical comprehension exercise book. Have a look on Amazon.

Dan8696

Reaction score
For the NSRT I'd say you don't need to buy anything. The mock tests on the RN website are more than sufficient for what you need to practice. then when you go through your scores at the end, you can go away and revise from google, it could be how to tell the time of an old style clock face, it could be turning a shape through 90/180/270 degrees etc.. everything can be revised online for free with regards to the NSRT

MJCH

Reaction score
You don't do the NSRT. Owing to the pandemic your UCAS points will give you an automatic pass (or fail). Wish this were stated on the Navy website as I prepared for it myself...

This thread might be of use:

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
@MJCH - Not quite correct - Applicants that do not have the required educational certificates do have to and (can now) sit the RT. Also Officer applicants not only need 96 UCAS they also need English and Maths and 6 or above at GCSE,s - UCAS points or not!

MJCH

Reaction score
@MJCH - Not quite correct - Applicants that do not have the required educational certificates do have to and (can now) sit the RT. Also Officer applicants not only need 96 UCAS they also need English and Maths and 6 or above at GCSE,s - UCAS points or not!
Ah, I misunderstood what the Corporal told me - thanks for setting me straight!
The irony is you posted the correct answer on the thread I linked...

Welsh21

Reaction score
So to clarify, officer applicants who have the correct educational certificates do not have to sit the NSRT?

Welsh21

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. Any idea on the timeframe this will be applicable? I will be applying in the next few weeks so wondering if my time is better spent on other aspects of the application process.

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
It is now a fixed rule that as far as I know will not be changing for the foreseeable future. The only change on the horizon is those need that to complete the test will do so online in the near future.