Nut allergy

rugbyplayer1

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I just wanted to ask about nut allergies within the Marines. I have read through the forum here and seen you have a bit of knowledge on the matter. What is the process behind an appeal if capita initially put your application on hold due to an allergy? And is it still possible for someone (myself) to be accepted into the Marines with such an allergy? I have tried to read into the subject myself but have never found a definitive answer.

Any words of guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

CHUB!

Careers Adviser
Reaction score
Get an allergy test to show you haven't got a nut allergy. It has to be a zero though any hint and it is a bar to entry unfortunately.

CHUB!

Careers Adviser
Reaction score
No unfortunately unless you can prove you don't have an allergy.

OddPikeFromCrimsonCity.

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I just wanted to ask about nut allergies within the Marines. I have read through the forum here and seen you have a bit of knowledge on the matter. What is the process behind an appeal if capita initially put your application on hold due to an allergy? And is it still possible for someone (myself) to be accepted into the Marines with such an allergy? I have tried to read into the subject myself but have never found a definitive answer.

Any words of guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Unless you can prove you have a 0% nut allergy, it's an immediate bar to entry with very little chance through the appeal process

G_commando

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
a different allergy but i know someone that managed to get in to the navy with a shellfish one. as soon as the found out he was out of training.

G_commando

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
How did they find out? And can you not get in trouble for not declaring an allergy or something in your medical
The Medical officer was looking through their medical records as they do with new troops. you wont get in trouble but if you have one ad don't declare it they will just medically discharge you from training.
they are not trying to catch you out with the medical they are trying to prevent issues. if you have a reaction to something and your on a ship in the middle of the ocean or on a sub you could die or have serious implications with any operations that are going on.

beagle226

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The MRA meals that the lads eat in the field contain nuts as they are a source of protein so all the lads round you will be eating nuts if you have a server allergie you are putting yourself in danger and the others around you.