Off this one

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Guys just to let you know, I withdrew from this one voluntarily, I wasn't injured and just a personal choice.

10:05 for the run
10.5 for the bleep test
49 press ups
58 sit ups
6 pull ups,

Left first thing this morning

I'll post up again shortly and give everyone and update why but at minute I've just got to do a few things.

Everyone else is doing fine and it's a really good prmc this one, some great characters on it. From what I remember everyone that went down from this site should be in line for a pass, fingers crossed.

Post back up later on,

MasoN

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that mate :eek:

S have you decided that the corps isn't for you?

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

yep cheers for the sympathy but yep realised that after seeing it again I couldn't make the commitment that they required for service.

I talked it over with a couple of the guys down there and they talk you through the benefits and things but it's more what I'd be giving away up here than what they offer down there that finally made me realise things. Too be honest the closer I got to this the more I realised how hard it was for me to leave things at home for 3-4 days, never mind serving down there for 4 1/2 years. So it was purely a personal choice and nothing the Marines did against me or didn't do right in anyway.

A big point that clinched it was when I see the look in the eyes of people like yourselves who are hungry for it and whilst I plodded along to achieve what they required, I know that attitude is not what is needed.

On the positive side, the process has certainly changed me and given me a kick up the backside to get into shape and buck my life up. Dropped from 100kg's down to 91kg's in under 2 months.

So all in all I'm pretty happy tonight about what the prmc has shown me and it was a great experience.

All the best

GW

by the way, I don't think the prmc standards have dropped, this training team are just as strict on standards as any I have seen. It's a good team and they run a very good prmc and show what life is like in training very well.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Hi Mate,

I'm honestly happy this evening, I feel like I have put the thing to bed in my own mind. It's not something I can knock out now, I wish I had found it when I was in my teens of vearly 20's but now realisticly I just have too many ties. The only people I feel I have let down is my Careers Team in Manchester, I'll go across tomorrow in person and explain things. In the interview, I told them I could cut my ties to the outside world and go into recruit training, and on that I made a mistake.

I'll keep up the fitness that I have built in the last 2 months and not let myself go back to the shape I was in before.

I honestly don't think I'd have time to do RMR, The thing with the regs is that I thought I could drop one side of my life and take up the RM life. With RMR you have to do a bit of both and that would be much to difficult to balance now I look back at it.

Cheers GW

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
For what it's worth, having met GW briefly beforehand, I can fully understand the decision and think it takes a big strength of character to make the right personal choice at the right time. Respect from me.

Again, the Corps requires not just the physical ability to complete training & beyond, but everyone committing has to be sure it's what they really want. If you have doubts, either talk to the staff and Recruits at Lympstone whilst on PRMC, have a chat with serving Marines you may know or those at your AFCO or speak to your Careers Adviser beforehand- you need to be 100% sure before you commit.

If it was easy, I'd be wearing a Green Beret. It's not & I'm not.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Cheers for the words Ninja, much appreciated.

One thing I will say is that my scores may have got me a pass on the course, but my scores as a former recruit should have been much, much better than that. It simply wasn't up to scratch and not what I expected of myself. As a former recruit on that course I should have been setting an example and not scraping home with a time of 10:00+ on the run back.

But I'll help Ninja and the others with the site now and the only thing I want is that others get the same opportunity from the forces as I have had, and for that I am truly lucky.

GW

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
Respect to you GW

The good thing is that you have made a positive impact on your fitness and lifestyle with the training plus finally putting something to rest in your mind.

Goodluck with your future wherever it goes.

Adam

JoePRMC

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hello GW

You probably wont remember but we were on the same aquaint day in Liverpool not long ago, and when I met you , you seemed up for the RM more than anyone there.. but if thats your decision..i bet it took alot of guts down there..so all the respect in the world!!

& all the best for the future.. (make sure this site keeps goin!!! I dont know if I'd have got this far without it!)

Thanks again..

Joe.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Hi Joe,

Yes mate I remember you over at Liverpool, I was up for it and was training hard, got my weight down. Just for some reason couldn't commit the next 4 years of my life to it. I really do wish I'd have found the RM's when I was 16 and not 24 when I first went in.

But yes mate the site will keep going 100% and no question of it ever leaving as long as at least one person gets somekind of help from it. Even If it's the only thing I can do for organisation that's paid many thousands of pounds to give me the chances it has.

Regards GW

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I also dropped out this course first thing this morning. Yesterday during Gym test 1 i nearly blacked out, due to the lack of fluid intake, and i felt like *text deleted* afterwards. I personally found this PRMC much harder than the one i done 6 months ago, and i don't seem to be as intersted in joining the Marines than i did back then.

My overall score was;

52 press-ups
68 sit-ups
6 pull ups
9:30-40 1.5 back.

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Sorry to hear yuo withdrew guys, but fiar play to you both?

How come you were dehydrated JK ??? we were made to drink water like it was going out of fashion! :?

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I topped my bottle right to the rim before gym test 1, but i never drank any. I think thats what got me.

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
Jk,

Are you going to be doing another PRMC or is that it now?

On another note,I think the main issue we have found is even though you may be fit enough to pass the PRMC you have to really 'want it',I suppsoe its easier enough to say to yourself 'Yea I want to join' but until you meet others with the same goal that you realise your personal desire isnt as high as the others.Ive been on the same situation when I went for RMP selection with the Army and even though I passed and was offered a place It just wasnt in the branch of the forces I really wanted,and speaking to others down there made me realise I wasnt 'as up for it' with the RMP than I would be with the RM.

Goodluck to you both whatever you decide.

Rob

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the bad news lads. Yas going to be writing a diary?