Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Officer Application Deadline

Discussion in 'POC Section' started by NL2020, May 29, 2020.

1. NL2020

NL2020 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Hi all

Does anyone know when the cut-off to complete the application process for the RMYO 2020 intake is?

The Recruitment hotline & my AFCO haven't been able to give me much information on this, and I've not been able to get through to my CSM over the phone.

It's been 8 weeks since my Sift Interview and I've haven't heard anything back yet from anyone about the next stage (Officer's VPJFT+). I've heard that the Final Selection Board is in mid-July, so I am assuming I have to finished by sometime in June.

I recognise that Covid-19 has slowed everything up and everyone is in the same boat, but should I be concerned, or just sit tight?

Thanks

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  3. NL2020

NL2020 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Thanks a lot, I will give them a try.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

@NL2020 , any joy on your enquiry? Doubtless others will be wondering likewise.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. NL2020

NL2020 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Yeah, the problems been fully sorted. I emailed the contact details you suggested and had a response the next day. I've now been given my VPJFT test date. The suggestion definitely helped fix my problem, so thanks a lot for the help.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RMSoldier12

RMSoldier12 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I’m still trying to get my medical triage call sorted (booked in for this week), do you know what the deadlines are? I’m not getting much from my ACLO and getting pretty concerned with timings now.

7. NL2020

NL2020 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Obviously I don't claim to be an expert, so I can only tell you what I've heard. Late June to early July seems to be the deadline, from what I've been told by my ACLO.

The whole process (from starting an application to passing AIB) apparently needs to be finished by the time the Final Selection Board sits in Mid-July, in order to be on the September, 2020 intake.

I have however been told by a different person (RM PTI) that there may be AIB dates after mid-July, which would suggest the deadline is later than this.

Hope this helps a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The guide

The guide Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure

There are boards for AIB (in normal conditions) on a rolling basis , so yes they will be some running COVID allowing but for the Sept Batch - it is Mid July for the final boards.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Not_Real_Name

Not_Real_Name New Member

App Stage:
    Awaiting selection after AIB pass
    From what I've been told by my ACLO, the final selection board is 15th July this year.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RMSoldier12

RMSoldier12 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thanks for the help guys!

11. Trooper149

Trooper149 Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Awaiting selection after AIB pass
    Out of curiosity, how many people are on the FSB? Is it solely the people from your AIB or are there other personnel involved?