Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Officer Application Questions

Discussion in 'POC Section' started by prm_1, May 23, 2020.

1. prm_1

prm_1 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hello,

I’m just about to submit my application for a RM Officer, to then join after uni (2021). I’m currently still recovering from a Disc Herniation in my lower back, and I’m not having surgery for it. If this doesn’t heal in time (hoping for it to get much better in the next 3-4 weeks, and then start to lightly train again) will this be a barrier to entry?

Also as I’m going into my final year at uni, what can I do to maximise my preparation for POC and AIB? I’ve had lots of work experience in the past as a Sailing Instructor and I’ve got Gold DofE along with other things. What other preparations (apart from physical) should I make?

With C-19 etc what does the recruitment process/timescale look like? As I want to join after I get my degree, and I know there’s only one POC intake/yr, how would it work?

Lots of questions...

Thanks

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Trooper149

Trooper149 Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Awaiting selection after AIB pass
    I think a big obstacle you are going to need to sort out is the disc herniation. Any back issues, makes you immediately PMU (permanently medically unfit).

In order to get the PMU overturned you need to get yourself signed off by a GP/ any other proffessionals who can weigh in on your behalf. Also, I am not sure, but I believe the wait time after surgery is 1 year? Not sure if that is before or after application/starting of YO-RT.