Officer Information

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Guys the stickies that used to be here have been moved and incorporated into prmc.co.uk/extra

The site is still being built but most of the Potential Officers stuff is in there. It was done to tidy up the stickies and help with the search engines.

Any problems or comments for improvments, just PM me!

Cheers GW

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Just to say, great job on the work that you and others do for this site. Although maybe provide a link at the top as the old ones are gone...?

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Will do mate, I'll pass on your thanks and it's appreciated. We'll replace the links in the next 24 hours.

Cheers GW

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yup Awesome little extra site there mate, Really Like it.. Very Impressive!..

Well Done..

Sam

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The PRMC Extra site as instigated by GW is a very user-friendly way to access FAQ's, rather than reading reams of bland text.

Work is still in progress, but it's worth a visit guys.

In addition an excellent reference for the history & origins of the British Commandos, particularly for Officer Candidates, covering the later formation of the Special Air Service, Special Boat Squadron & Parachute Regiment from the British Commando Forces can be found here on Wikipedia.

connor92

Reaction score
I'm at university at the moment but want to join as a Royal Marines Officer when i finish,but i have just seen that you have to have 180 UCAS points from subjects that don't overlap and each worth 45 points.I have 80 points from geography,60 from modern history,60 from ancient history ,and more points from a few AS levels but none over 45 pointa alone, bringing my overall total to 270 points,will i be able to join ?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The best bet is take your certificates to your AFCO for verification.

As history is most likely 'overlapping', by my calculations there are only 140 valid UCAS points - subject to verification.

Whilst 180 are the minimum accepted, the average successful officer applicant usually has nearer 240 or more valid UCAS points.

Good luck.