Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Officer Interview 1

Discussion in 'POC Section' started by Flipper23, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Flipper23

Flipper23 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    So I have submitted my app and now I have an interview on the 18th. On my Navy dashboard the interview is called "Officer Interview 1" and there has not been a great deal information given to me apart from that. So I am wondering if this stage is just the NSRT and chat about my application or will this be the SIFT interview (I am assuming it is the former because I have only submitted my application and have not done anything else in the joining process). On top of this, what should I wear? I am planning to wear a suit there, or would that be overkill?

Thanks for the help :)

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Usually Officer applicants have a career discussion after the NSRT, it's nit a formal interview, but as with any prospective job interview, it pays to prepare and look the part.

The interview is to establish you know what you are about to undergo, the selection elements and what they involve, a rough overview of your motivation, service knowledge etc. Basically this is to identify your strengths & weaknesses in readiness to undertake the next stage of selection.

When to attend the NSRT, there'll be people wearing flipflops, shorts & teeshirts. You'll not often see that attire in an RM Officer's Mess.

3. Flipper23

Flipper23 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Well then suit it is :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  4. YellowBelly98

YellowBelly98 Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    I have also recently applied to be a Royal Marines Officer, I was told by my initial point of contact at my AFCO that they no longer do NSRT's for Officers as they should have the education anyway. I was told to just bring my certificates of education to my initial ACLO interview.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Must admit, until you made this comment, I was completely unaware this had changed on August 13th.

Unfortunately, I'm not alerted to changes in recruiting routine anymore, but having conducted a bit of background research, can confirm you are correct. I'll make thread to announce this change in procedure.

• Like Like x 2