Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Officer Interview

Discussion in 'POC Section' started by Flipper23, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Flipper23

Flipper23 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    So I've got my interview coming up on the 27th. Just looking for a few pointers really of what I should know about the Navy. Will I be expected to know every bit of weaponry on board a type 23 frigate, for example, or are they looking for more of a broad knowledge of the subject. Any help is fantastic just looking for pointers cheers :)

2. The guide

The guide Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure

@Flipper23 , It will very much be broader stuff , Current operations , New ships, types of ships and their role. Also what you will be doing as an officer. So as an example, if you leading the men and the leading hands / Cpls are doing the work what are the Senior rates / Sgts doing??? it will show you have a broad understanding of rank and structure. - This applies to RN / RM equally.

If for RM the function of the units as it does differ greatly, If RN the function of the ship, locations of units is also important to know, Weapons systems are also good to know in a broad-brush sense for the ships & RM. But a good working in depth knowledge of all things will help.

And why you want to be an officer?? in either service RM / RN , what skills do you have for the role ?.

Very broad but I hope it helps a bit.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Understand the role of the Royal Fleet Auxiliary. The topic might not arise at this interview but it has caught out a few.

Let us know how you get on. Best of luck.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Flipper23

Flipper23 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Cheers for the help, just got to spend a few days cramming as much into my brain as I can and hopefully it'll all pay off haha

• Like Like x 1
  5. GreenNugget

GreenNugget Guest

Be yourself. If you try to be someone you are not you will be seen through.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GreenNugget

GreenNugget Guest

If ever asked say you will ensure that a solder is sent into battle without waste of time and with minimum of fuss, knowing exactly what he has to do, how he is going to do it and what fire support he is going to be given! Nobody likes a waffle

• Like Like x 1