Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Officers Look at Life Course

Discussion in 'POC Section' started by John747, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Bear in mind that the earlier posts in this thread are almost four years old. Hopefully others who have recently been on a similar course might chip in with their own comments.

But some general advice:
    Dig out blind when required to do so and absorb all information like a sponge. But most importantly, enjoy yourself. It isn't a selection course. Let us know how you get on. Best of luck.

2. northmonkeySW

northmonkeySW Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hi mate - where are you going to? CTC or a unit?

I went on one to a unit last year. Physically wasn't difficult at all, we did a bit of CQB and two runs, along with some very easy circuits, night in the field (honestly the best night's sleep Ive ever had, those sleeping bags were fantastic), with a five mile run back in the morning being about as tough as it got.

General advice - while you're not on a POC, act as if you are. I imagine if you were to come across as a complete cock while on POV it would filter back, so dig deep and be respectful. That said, definitely use it as an opportunity to ask questions that you might not otherwise want to ask. Do not get yourself on a POC and ask these questions, as it doesn't look good.

Use it as a way of deciding whether you want to be an officer or OR, and even whether a career in the forces is the right way ahead for you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 1664rmcm

1664rmcm New Member

App Stage:
    TMU

I'm going to CTC, its like a practise POC