oh dear...tiny set back!

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
went for my medical...flew through it...until i was told i had failed my hearing test!?!?!?

couldnt believe it.......my left ear let me down (just im told only slightly) i though my right ear was worse.

all i could hear was the lady playin with the buttons on the machine!

*text deleted* go back in two weeks and try again..

*text deleted* get my ears cleaned out before hand.

was really shocked by this....not gutted though...not yet at least.

but my afco did say that once its sorted and pjft is done...ill be n the 11th dec prmc

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Unlucky Alan,

That's the one I feared most as nothing you can really do about it to improve other than a real deep clean.

Although I'm sure firing blanks on the range wouldn't have done you much good over the years.

Best of luck

GW

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well got to go back on the 28th...getting my ears shringed on the 27th.

but my left ear has been aching (small amount mind you) all this morning..to be fair...never really took any notice of it

but i will pass it next time...as if its the same woman (which im told it is) i will remember how she conducts the test.

but i failed by the samllest of margins i was told.

doc told me a fair few failed the hearing that day too....HMMMMM

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
a few people failed? maybe the headphones were duff or something cause i passed and all the other lads on the day did too and there was a digger going back and forth past the window.. unless us norwich lads just have better hearing *text deleted*
unlucky though, good luck for next time!

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
Lshort1988 said:
a few people failed? maybe the headphones were duff or something cause i passed and all the other lads on the day did too and there was a digger going back and forth past the window.. unless us norwich lads just have better hearing *text deleted*
unlucky though, good luck for next time!
Well a digger sounds a bit like a tractor so we are used to it..eh?*text deleted*

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Must be something in the Air, or the Woman just dosent like RM *text deleted*

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well i feel for you mate i feared that the most..when i had mine done it felt like my mind was playing tricks on me *text deleted* but im sure youll be fine mate

milky

Reaction score
Hi alan

im border line as well, not applied yet, but knew my hearing and eyesight are a little duff so had private tests, should just pass on both, what is the RM hearing test like? I got the full break down of the colour perception test and im 90% sure it wont be a problem, need to speak to my AFCO about the hearing test as well.

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hearing test are all the same...them beeps in your ear

can i ask...where did you book your private hearing tests...*text deleted* i honestly believe my hearing is fine...and would like to do anohter test before my actual test for the marines in two weeks.

thanks pal.

sjuggins

Reaction score
Be careful with the ear syringing, doctors don't really do it anymore unless they really have to. It can damage the ear as my doctor wouldn't syringe mine when I got some wax blocked, I had to use drops for 3 weeks and let it clear on it's own.

Try using some drops called "Exterol", get them from the pharmacy they work brilliantly, just put some in first thing in the morning and when you go to bed. I reckon the machine was on the duff though, especially as several failed??

milky

Reaction score

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
sjuggins said:
Be careful with the ear syringing, doctors don't really do it anymore unless they really have to. It can damage the ear as my doctor wouldn't syringe mine when I got some wax blocked, I had to use drops for 3 weeks and let it clear on it's own.

Try using some drops called "Exterol", get them from the pharmacy they work brilliantly, just put some in first thing in the morning and when you go to bed. I reckon the machine was on the duff though, especially as several failed??

got that stuff....then the day before my medical hearing test ive got another booked at spec savers...then if needs be my ears will be shringed the day before.

so at least i will know the night before i have a chance.