Oh Lympstone, where art thou

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I cant wait, I'm so f-ing bored with civvi life I just need to get to Lympstone asap, I'm passing PRMC I f@king know it, just *text deleted* get in a troop and start living the high life har har, I feel real frustrated with the friends I have at the moment got nothing in common with them anymore, real boring twits. I'm actually looking forward to all the beastings heading my way and that Green Lid at the end of the tunnel is *text deleted* be the most proudest time of my life and it's worth all the sacrifice. I don't really know why I'm posting this but maybe some one out there feels the same, I mean it's all I ever think off, when I wake up till I go sleep its just in my head constantly. The way I see it is if I can be Royal Marine Commando and can do anything in my life, being a man of action and not some fat sod in a pub talking rubbish or some 36 year old chav raving with underage chicks, or like my dad who just wasted his life with dead end jobs never strive too succeed and make him self better.

Basically cant wait to start RT and give civvi life the 2 finger salute !

M

MTW

dude it gets even worse the closer it gets....im *text deleted* hanging trying to deal with civvy life and intense boredom!

jasejase

Reaction score
*text deleted* MTW are you ever off here? you seem to be the 1st to post a reply on every topic :weird: I swear one day I will beat ya to it

M

MTW

*text deleted* i have nothing and i mean nothing.....else to do. and my computer is where i sit to watch tv so its always on *text deleted*

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
*text deleted* i have nothing and i mean nothing.....else to do. and my computer is where i sit to watch tv so its always on *text deleted*

Get off the computer Lofty- get training!

M

MTW

ha ha roger! just been 'extra phys' it out on the rowing machine for an hour!, my arse has gone to sleep. i need to sit on it. *text deleted*

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
This has been a *text deleted**text deleted*ing boring summer for me, very long too. Finished college in May and start uni at the end of September.

Just gets to a point where all I've done is train and sit at my computer. Having zero income cause my EMA stopped and no job I can't go out anywhere. If it wasn't for training to break things up a bit dunno what I'd do.

Gets to a part where I actually feel depressed with nothing to do. I get that feeling to, thinking about it all the time. But I got a few years yet before I can even think of that! But need to get up at 2 am tomorrow for my flight to France so should save some time...Ciao.

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yea all i do as a civvy is train or imon this site *text deleted*

akerfish

In RT
Reaction score
maxpain, you were saying you think about the marines and rt right from when you wake up until you go to bed. even when you are in rt that wont change. i still love it just as much as i did before i joined. it aint jus a job, its a way of life. i love it. its great. i got rid of my gf to do this job, i have no regrets. i enjoy it. i hope you pass prmc and get here to enjoy it just as much. i finally found sumwhere i fit in. i now dont have contact with my civvy friends. i hate them. they dont understand why i want to do this job. they will never understand why, they have a completly different mindset. sorry for going on so much, but this is the only place i can go on about it and let off steam *text deleted* :smile:

Ghod70

Reaction score
:dito:
I cant wait, I'm so f-ing bored with civvi life I just need to get to Lympstone asap, I'm passing PRMC I f@king know it, just *text deleted* get in a troop and start living the high life har har, I feel real frustrated with the friends I have at the moment got nothing in common with them anymore, real boring twits. I'm actually looking forward to all the beastings heading my way and that Green Lid at the end of the tunnel is *text deleted* be the most proudest time of my life and it's worth all the sacrifice. I don't really know why I'm posting this but maybe some one out there feels the same, I mean it's all I ever think off, when I wake up till I go sleep its just in my head constantly. The way I see it is if I can be Royal Marine Commando and can do anything in my life, being a man of action and not some fat sod in a pub talking rubbish or some 36 year old chav raving with underage chicks, or like my dad who just wasted his life with dead end jobs never strive too succeed and make him self better.

Basically cant wait to start RT and give civvi life the 2 finger salute !

Amen brother. :dito:

Edd

Reaction score
I feel exactly the same, i *text deleted* get straight into a troop tomorrow and start, im just hanging around like a blue ass fly at the moment.

Taggart91

Reaction score
maxpain, you were saying you think about the marines and rt right from when you wake up until you go to bed. even when you are in rt that wont change. i still love it just as much as i did before i joined. it aint jus a job, its a way of life. i love it. its great. i got rid of my gf to do this job, i have no regrets. i enjoy it. i hope you pass prmc and get here to enjoy it just as much. i finally found sumwhere i fit in. i now dont have contact with my civvy friends. i hate them. they dont understand why i want to do this job. they will never understand why, they have a completly different mindset. sorry for going on so much, but this is the only place i can go on about it and let off steam *text deleted* :smile:

I feel exactly the same, i have passed my PRMC and cannot wait until i start RT in October. Im only nearly 17 but i was with my girlfriend for almost two years. I broke up with her for the marines and i know i wont regret it. I know when i come back after training im going to look at my friends and just wonder what they are doing with there life or where they are going. When i tell people im joining the marines most people say the same. "Why you going you will get shot" What a pathetic way of looking at life. Id rather live to 25 knowing ive done something amazing with my life. Than die at 70 looking like a wrinkly prune with nothing better to tell someone than i was the manager of a *text deleted**text deleted* company or something. Sorry im rambling on bu its the way i feel.

JOEY

Reaction score
I AGREE WITH YOU ALL AS YOU ALL HAVE AWESOME POINTS!

Just a shame that people carnt see where you're coming from?? *text deleted* i mean its not hard!! Same with my friends and my best *text deleted* who i have known for the past ten years, i said to him to look into the royal marines as i know that he would like it and could do it aswel, but instaed hes not and now hes just gona be in a dead end job with his dead end gf who would prob stop him from joining the royal marines anyway. Personally i say that if you're Gf dosnt understand then ditch them, that what i would have done with mine but shes proud of me trying to join the royal marines.

Ash

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I cant wait either lads.. Whenever i try chattin to my mates and that about how excited i am and all the rest of it they never even seem slightly interested and although i love em all too bits i'll finally be with people who have the same levels of fitness as me with the same aspirations and determinations to do things as well as meetin people that would, in an instant lay down ther lives for me..
I cannot feckin wait.. bring on prmc..

keeton

Reaction score
my m8s have been ok about it, they sometimes take the piss but there only messing around theyve all said good luck to me because i start my rt on monday, but sometimes when some mentions the marines i get the impression they get a bit jealous, probrably because there doing nothing with there lives

Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ive only told very few people about wanting to join, but everyone I have told (apart from a couple) have been very supportive, saying that they think I'll make a brilliant Marine and stuff. Good lads.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
told some of my friends last night in the pub and had to go through the whole navy not army thing, no i wont be raping women and killing children, etc etc, dont think i'll bother with anyone else. it's why i hadn't said owt till now, turns out i correctly judged the calibre of my friends, three less xmas cards to worry bout i guess...*text deleted*. all those that matter already know, *text deleted* the others, they were boring me anyway.

Gixer600Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It seems most people are looking down on "civvies" here, its a bit sad really, just because it doesnt light there fire, doesnt mean there useless tards...well maybe. But hey my mates are all gravy about it, sure i get piss taken sometimes "navy boy" or "army boy..." but i dont take it to heart, *text deleted* i know them. Wow it looks like i've joined the ranting on group haha.

Dan...the man...who does'nt like...spam...oh yeahhh (duff man style). :dontaskme:

reid81

Reaction score
its all about growing and changing, just like the videos you got at school with the nasty housewife.
5 years ago i was conditioned to think all the guys, and type of guys, on this site were thuggish/mindless etc etc.
this may be correct, but yer sure a funny lot.
i look at my mates now and think, why are you still smoking that?
why are you still workin there?
why have you devoted your life to getting your next shag?
and i ask these Q of myself