Ok need your help lads, to get the ball rolling

Silent

Reaction score
I've signed up for them to contact me about a month ago still no luck. http://dnr.dataforcegroup.co.uk/rmsite/stage1.asp Tried again still no luck, so what to do? I've heard you can earn cash for completing A-levels, if you plan to go on to become an officer, so do i have enough time and now do i earn it? Also how much is is it?

*text deleted* brilliant site, great ppl :cheesy:

smallzy

Reaction score
Well just to put things into perspective, I called them up on 10th July I think, I got no response from them for 10 days so I went through on the 20th and picked up an application form, handed it in on the 23rd, and you can see from my sig how fast the process has been for me.

Best thing to do is just go through to your AFCO, and "get the ball rolling" yourself. Shows you are keen on joining too.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Going to the AFCO is the easiest way to get along with anything, fastest too. Go have a chat with them there and they could probably sort something out right away

Silent

Reaction score
AFCO is for commandos i am trying to become an officer. I check out the site its' says
"Step 1 Phone/Contact a Careers Advisor
Step 2 Recruiting Test
Step 3 Attend Area Careers Liaison Officer sift interview
Step 4 Pass Medical Examination
Step 5 Potential Officers Course
Step 6 Admiralty Interview Board"

Still having problems with step 1

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
you can still apply for officers at afco, it will be quicker and the careers advisors are useless they f*text deleted**ed me about and never got me an appointment.
Just go to an afco where u get to talk to a serving royal marine.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I got *text deleted**text deleted*ed around with those ppl on the phone as well, so did my mate as well, and Ive heard numerous stories on here saying the same.
If you want anything doing quickly go to the careers office, and an officer is a commando.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I was applying for officer first off.
I went to afco whilst i was out shopping, was given forms there and then.
You don't need to phone them prior, it just means u get a dedicated spot for any meeting just in case they are busy.