Old people *text deleted**text deleted*ting themselves

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Everytime I go for a run on a busy street, I have to obviously run past people who are walking on the pavement. Nearly everytime I go for a run and I run past someone who is going my direction, they *text deleted**text deleted* themselves!

I can see them in the corner of my eye. As soon as I go past them they jump and stop like I'm someone who is trying to nick their handbag and run off. Not like I'd ever do that sort of stuff but sometimes I feel like saying "calm down old fella"

Maybe they can't hear me behind them and when I go past them they must get a shock! Honestly though it happens with every run, it's well annoying but kind of funny after I've finished the run. :laugh:

Another one I hate is when I need to gob somewhere because my mouth is all dry so I do that and then I have an old lady staring at me until I'm not in sight anymore. :laugh:

Oh I just love old people!

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
adding

2 reasons this is happening:

1) Society in england is falling to rat *text deleted**text deleted* and they should be scared
2) You might look dodgy.

You could try:

1) Smiling politely as you walk past
2) Try no looking so dodgy if you do.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Both of the above and..

I do it with cars passing me when i cant hear them coming haha

Might just be shock of something appearing suddenly.

My place of cardiff is known as an old folks home... think of what i need to put up with :doh:

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Everytime I go for a run on a busy street, I have to obviously run past people who are walking on the pavement. Nearly everytime I go for a run and I run past someone who is going my direction, they *text deleted**text deleted* themselves!

I can see them in the corner of my eye. As soon as I go past them they jump and stop like I'm someone who is trying to nick their handbag and run off. Not like I'd ever do that sort of stuff but sometimes I feel like saying "calm down old fella"

Maybe they can't hear me behind them and when I go past them they must get a shock! Honestly though it happens with every run, it's well annoying but kind of funny after I've finished the run. :laugh:

Another one I hate is when I need to gob somewhere because my mouth is all dry so I do that and then I have an old lady staring at me until I'm not in sight anymore. :laugh:

Oh I just love old people!

*text deleted* i get that spittin thing all the time too! i spit grem all the time when im running! i hate it when people just dont move! i was running a couple days ago and there was like 5 women just standing there on the middle of the path and i stopped to walk when i neared them so i could walk past! they even saw me running towards them and still didnt move when i was trying to get by! some people are so ignorant!

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* i hate old ppl..... and if they do hear ya, they do that annoying turn around , they can turn ther next so they trot in a semi circle to turn round and see....alll that effort just to see me run past them.. idiots

:laugh:

One of the worst is when I come to slow down to cross a road and a old man or women who is driving is about to take a turn into that road so I'm like deciding whether to cross or not as they are taking a life time to do it.. precious seconds getting wasted :laugh:

christomo

Reaction score
haha it is pretty anoying having someone jump out of the way from you, distracts me for a minute because i feel bad, although i shouldnt,

an yer, if i spit on the floor an theres an O.A.P stood nearby, i get the look meaning ' you dirty little b'astard '

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
haha it is pretty anoying having someone jump out of the way from you, distracts me for a minute because i feel bad, although i shouldnt,

an yer, if i spit on the floor an theres an O.A.P stood nearby, i get the look meaning ' you dirty little b'astard '

*text deleted* i can just imagine a 92 year old woman sitting on a bench muttering to herself 'you dirty little b'astard!' *text deleted* thats so funny!

christomo

Reaction score
its like my nan when the footies on, when the players spit she starts with ' i dont know why they have to spit all the time ' to a 20 minute lecture about hygene an thats why desease is spread, all because some footie player has dry mouth haha

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* i can just imagine a 92 year old woman sitting on a bench muttering to herself 'you dirty little b'astard!' *text deleted* thats so funny!

Anyone else think F.M.J smokes cannabis? :unsure:

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
2 reasons this is happening:

1) Society in england is falling to rat *text deleted**text deleted* and they should be scared
2) You might look dodgy.

You could try:

1) Smiling politely as you walk past
2) Try no looking so dodgy if you do.

Hmm I'm an innocent looking young lad you know :biggrin:
Sometimes old people even smile at me, I know they trust me

*text deleted* i get that spittin thing all the time too! i spit grem all the time when im running! i hate it when people just dont move! i was running a couple days ago and there was like 5 women just standing there on the middle of the path and i stopped to walk when i neared them so i could walk past! they even saw me running towards them and still didnt move when i was trying to get by! some people are so ignorant!

Yeah when I went for my 4 miler today I was feeling sick as my breakfast hadn't come down properly and there was some fat bloke who wouldn't move out my way so I just had to squeeze through and when I ran past him he smelt so bad that I nearly puked everywhere :laugh:

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
its like my nan when the footies on, when the players spit she starts with ' i dont know why they have to spit all the time ' to a 20 minute lecture about hygene an thats why desease is spread, all because some footie player has dry mouth haha

*text deleted* i spit too much! so i get a dry mouth becasue of spitting!... good job i always take a litre of water with me on each jog! *text deleted* sometimes though i feel like just shouting REALLY loudly 'GET THE FU'CK OUT THE WAY! CANT YOU SEE IM RUNNING HERE? YOU FAT LITTLE SH'IT YOU SHOULD TRY IT SOMETIME!' *text deleted*

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
MOM??! did you just say mom!? *text deleted*!? you a yank or something?
No wonder we dont consider ppl from derby northerners.... mom *text deleted*

*text deleted* mom! its MAM up here! u plum!

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm I'm an innocent looking young lad you know :biggrin:
Sometimes old people even smile at me, I know they trust me

Yeah when I went for my 4 miler today I was feeling sick as my breakfast hadn't come down properly and there was some fat bloke who wouldn't move out my way so I just had to squeeze through and when I ran past him he smelt so bad that I nearly puked everywhere :laugh:

hellow mate! *text deleted* always wondered- how do u make multiple quotes per post? like how did you quote one person then another in one post?

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
MOM??! did you just say mom!? *text deleted*!? you a yank or something?
No wonder we dont consider ppl from derby northerners.... mom *text deleted*

Pretty fing sure it's "mom". And I can assure you my accent is not northern :P

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
*text deleted* i get that spittin thing all the time too! i spit grem all the time when im running!

Uh-oh, top tip on the gobbing bit....Don't even think about it when you are on PRMC doing any runs on the base. I witnessed someone actually forget themselves and gob during gym test one.

Put it this way- they'll remember not to next time :biggrin:

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Uh-oh, top tip on the gobbing bit....Don't even think about it when you are on PRMC doing any runs on the base. I witnessed someone actually forget themselves and gob during gym test one.

yea i know what your saying, i always need to spit though and thats partly why i hate treadmills because i still need to spit and when i used to do indoor training at college i couldnt spit because... i was indoor! so any training with the RMR is *text deleted* be really annoying! *text deleted*

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hellow mate! *text deleted* always wondered- how do u make multiple quotes per post? like how did you quote one person then another in one post?

You see the quote button? Well the one next to it which has two " it's called multiple quote or something like that. Just click it on the ones you want to quote on, then go to reply post at the bottom ;)

Obviously I'm not going to spit inside the gym, that's just dirty. However, can we not spit on the 3 miler? Not like I'm a gobber or nothing but sometimes you just need to spit.

Imagine those on the 30 miler across darthmore and they can't spit once :laugh:

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Its mum, you inbred redneck yokel northerners!