On leave- just completed Week 27.

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by 03092014, Aug 11, 2017.

1. 03092014

03092014 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Fire away with any questions and I'll do my best to help.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Heracles

Heracles New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Good man, keep smashing it!
    Quick question, how much time have you had off since you started RT?

3. 03092014

03092014 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Thanks!

Time off has been:

Long Weekend- Week5
    Christmas and Easter Leave
    Long Weekend- Week 23.

As you can see its not much! You will get time off at weekends but you will definitely have something on during Saturday morning in Phase 1 and occasionally during Phase 2.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JakeTedder

JakeTedder New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Well done mate. I have a few. How did you find HUET training? Is there an assessment you have to pass to continue with your training? And at any time did you any of the training in the dark?

5. Mattys

Mattys Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Nice going dude nearly there!

Has many dropped out of your original group?

What's been the hardest thing so far like a mental block where you thought I can't do this but still pulled through if you've had one?

One last thing as regards to your leave do you actually have to travel home on your leave? Reason being if you have leave from say Friday till Sunday seems kind of pointless going home if you live a fair distance away like myself who would have say a 8/9 hour train journey so would rather not go if thst was an option so would be interested to know if this is possible.

6. 03092014

03092014 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I found it ok to be honest, not going to lie when I first saw it rotate and go underwater I was flapping a bit but when you're inside it goes quick.

Are you're next two questions related to HUET? If so then yes I think you have to pass to continue and yes you do a serial in 'twilight' and one in complete darkness.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JWJ

JWJ Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Do you not get a week off in the summer?

8. 03092014

03092014 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    1) Can't really answer that to be honest because I have a few troops so not sure of originals and how many people have put their chits in. A lot of people chit it early on then after that most tend to having been in Hunter through injury or professional failings.

2) Hardest part for me was finding out I had to repeat Field Firing. I did the two weeks, completed the 6 mile speed march on the following Monday, got my cap comforter and on Wednesday (whilst the rest of the troop were having their final blues fitting) I was outside the CSM's office being told I was going back 6 weeks and even worse to pack my bergan as I was going to join the new troop on Violent Entry. The next day 4 of us were driven to Wales to join them. That was when I seriously questioned if I was just good enough to be a marine regardless of how much I wanted to be there. The next couple of weeks were just so hard mentally because of that.

3) I don't think you have to leave camp. In Phase 1 you may have to move into a block with a training team as you aren't allowed to stay on your own. Some people who lived far away book hotels closed by so even if they didn't go home they got away from camp for the weekend.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. 03092014

03092014 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    2 at Easter and Christmas and 3 in Summer.

10. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

That setback, getting through it, and cracking on, clearly with a great attitude will help you more than you will realise in your career after you've passed out. Which you will!!

The very best of luck to you going forward!!

• Like Like x 5
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  11. sidthesloth

sidthesloth New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I start training in a few weeks so was wondering if there's anything particularly hard at the start and if you've got any tips that might help, also well done on getting so far

12. 03092014

03092014 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Thanks mate.

At the start you've just got to work hard and understand that the early stages of training are probably the hardest. There's no secret really just put the hard work in, impress your Section Commander and that will help as you go through the rest of phase 1.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1