on the right lines?

DangerDrew

Reaction score
first of all, hi folks and thanks for stopping by to check this out!
I'm just beginning the enrollment process for the green lid, its been at least a year since i've been committed to any major sport or exercise routine.
But, over the past month or so i've been introducing myself back into a regular visit to the gym, i always make sure I use the rowing the machine for my cardio before i move onto weights.
For the past month I've done for a 4 mile bike ride (with a wackingly steep incline dead in the middle) each week in under 45min, and one run, also 4 miles (haven't quite got round to timing it yet). both have been exhausting but are improving as the weeks have gone on.
I go to the gym around 5 times a week for about an hour at a time, sometimes more. I'm currently achieving:

2000m rowing machine (lvl 10) 8.00min (is this any good?)

butterfly machine 30kg 20 x 3 reps

unfortunately i haven't written down names for the weight machines (will do next post!) but im usually using 6 weight machines at 30kg 20 x 3reps

i've listed everything i can think of right now, but if anyone pops by and has a little glance at this post, it would be great if you could leave a bit of advice from your own experiences. Always looking to improve,

thanks lads

drew

p.s
I'm quitting smoking from at least 10 a day, any knowledge on how this may effect my next 6 months of training? (this is how long i want to spend training before i attempt my PRMC)

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
do more running than cycling be a lot better for you, and do body weight exercises. push ups, sit ups, pull ups.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
do more running than cycling be a lot better for you, and do body weight exercises. push ups, sit ups, pull ups.
Yeah tottaly agree with ZZ, i wouldnt pay gym fee's for love nor money. Your better off saving and spending the money on a bloody good hooker, by far more fun.

Use your body weight to train, and run and cycle more. If you feel those hard earnt pennies are burning a hole in your pocket enrol on circuit training session at your local leisure centre.

Also dont be dishartened if you cant do 5 press ups, it will take time to get there....and dont listen to the lads on here who say they can do 1000 pressups etc.....we all know they cant. JUST KEEP WORKING!!

DangerDrew

Reaction score
ta for the reply's lads, feel im getting somewhere.
for the running, what should i be aiming for at such and early stage? and as said, i am pretty hopeless at pressups :doh:

but today after a session in the gym (may cut it since it would be cheaper) noticed i can already up my weights, and no more painful injuries!

im aiming for 5 days a week exercise and at least 3 4 milers each week, perhaps some kickboxing too. would 6 months be enough time to do this in?

ty again

DD

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i dont think you need much running advice really because it looks like you got it sused out. and to be honest i cant say what you should be aiming for because im not at your fitness level.

but generally i would do something like four 3 milers a week, 1 sprinting session and a long distance run + 2 2.8 milers with weight because im in cadets and have to caryr my kit home. on top of that i do my upper body training which i am not so strict with as i get bored with the same exercises easily. but i make up my own ab workouts then do do something with press ups (maybe sprint 20 meters 10 press ups, sprint back 9 press ups and go all the way down to 1 then do 2 sprints) and finish off with max pull ups.
i will then do press ups and pull ups randomly throughout the day and always max out on pull ups and try to get up a little further on my last attempt.
i then do off road bike riding 2 times a week if possible.

but in all honesty i dont acctually stick to doing that all the time although if i did i would be pretty fit and be able to pass prmc now but i never miss out on cardio only my upper body.