On the way home from lympstone, failed PRMC. Any quizzies?

j05h94

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
As the title suggests, I've failed my PRMC and I'm on the train home, with 5 hours to kill. Any questions or anything feel free to ask and I shall do my best to answer

DecaMarine

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Unlucky fella.Try and put it behind you, learn from it and get cracking again after a little break.

What were your stats before you went down and what did you fail on

Ross154

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a buffet service on the train? That's the only question I have :smile1:
Just trying to cheer things up! Shame you failed. You know how long til you can try again?

j05h94

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Stats were 45 press ups, I got 50, sit ups 70, I got 79, pull ups 7 and I got 4/5. Run was about before I went down 9.50 and I think I got about 9.30 ish. There's a buffet service, but I'm happy enough with my jelly babies haha. I wrapped on the endurence course, so 12 months.

Kentish

Reaction score
Chin up. What made you decide you couldn't go on? Was it during the run back or during the actual endurance course?

j05h94

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
During the course, my feet were in shreds and my legs didn't want to play along, I was majorly struggling when we got to the duck walk, tried to take about 10 duck steps then I wrapped, I didnt have it in me to carry on

Garethr123

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What odd is I was thinking about you today pal and wondering how you got on. Sorry to hear you wrapped but as I and many other will say, chin up!!

You doing the April 2nd fitness day??

What tips or training advice could you gIve everyone else?

j05h94

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What odd is I was thinking about you today pal and wondering how you got on. Sorry to hear you wrapped but as I and many other will say, chin up!!

You doing the April 2nd fitness day??

What tips or training advice could you gIve everyone else?
Cheers pal, will do. Not sure on the fitness day, will see how I feel about the whole situation. Advice for traing, plenty of hill sprints, have a bl*text deleted**y decent warm up and put 110% in on every training session. Also make sure you're form is perfect with the pres ups, sit ups and pull ups. And while you're down there do what the trainin team say as if it was the word of god himself. And get plenty of fluids and food when you can. And poo whenever you get the chance.

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Unlucky mate.
When are you allowed to go to the toilet, if that doesn't sound too daft?
Like if you need to 'go' during one of the gym sessions, when there isn't much going on, can you go?
And are they really as harsh as I hear when people fidget?

I'm sure you'll do it next time though, chin up and carry on training.

j05h94

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
When you're in the acomadation you can go when you like, they also give you a chance to go half way through the 3 miler, and during bottom field. The gym is like the PTI's church, so no peepee whilst in the gym, quite harsh on fidgeting too, they gave the whole course, bar the person fidgeting, 20 tuck jumps when someone got caught. When you take your shirt off for press ups is a good opportunity to wipe some sweat away though.

Alex.T

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
During the course, my feet were in shreds and my legs didn't want to play along, I was majorly struggling when we got to the duck walk, tried to take about 10 duck steps then I wrapped, I didnt have it in me to carry on
I feel you pain... I almost wrapped on the duck walks! I was hunched over head between my legs being sick and nearly crying haha!! unlucky though mate, head up & crack on

Craigh88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I feel you pain... I almost wrapped on the duck walks! I was hunched over head between my legs being sick and nearly crying haha!! unlucky though mate, head up & crack on
So im assuming most people get through the bottom field in the morning... what the hell does this endurance course consist of? I like to think i have a good bit of willpower to carry me through things but my legs certainly are my weakness!
Have you got like a diary of the endurance course as youve done it?

pepper86

Reaction score
sorry to hear that dude.

how did you find the whole experience like being done there and the PTI's?

chin up though mate and good effort so far. at least you know what to expect for next time :)

j05h94

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'll write a diary up when within the week lads. I was the same Alex, just had no go left in me at all. I'd like to try again, but I'm going to have to re-consider pretty much all my life haha, I've no job and not in education anymore, so I'm a bit lost as to what to do. The PTI's are tanks! I found the whole thing a bit daunting, that may just be because I'm fairly young compared to most of the lads, but the lads are great and if you don't give the training team any attitude and such they're top lads too

Red Bull

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Unlucky mate. I've never done duck walks.

Any tips for the few weeks up to prmc? Any strengthening exercises maybe that will help with all this? Or is it just in the mind? I'd like to think that I have a pretty solid determination.

Red Bull

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I'll write a diary up when within the week lads. I was the same Alex, just had no go left in me at all. I'd like to try again, but I'm going to have to re-consider pretty much all my life haha, I've no job and not in education anymore, so I'm a bit lost as to what to do. The PTI's are tanks! I found the whole thing a bit daunting, that may just be because I'm fairly young compared to most of the lads, but the lads are great and if you don't give the training team any attitude and such they're top lads too
I don't understand. You don't know what to do anymore????

Read your signature. Chin up, train harder and smash it next time!

j05h94

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Smash the hill sprints, massive hills, max effort 7-10 times. Press ups on you knuckles, duck walks, if you've got a training partner practice some carries, burpees, with and with out jumps, and by number. I.e on 1 bring your legs in, pause for a bit then on 2 kick out an pause for a bit. I mean I got to decide between trying to get into college, finding a temporary career. I might even wait longer than the 12 months, just so I know that I'm 100% ready for it

DD

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Unlucky mate, see it as a lesson and not a failure.Do you reckon you underestimated how hard it would be phsyically and mentally?

Alex.T

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
So im assuming most people get through the bottom field in the morning... what the hell does this endurance course consist of? I like to think i have a good bit of willpower to carry me through things but my legs certainly are my weakness!
Have you got like a diary of the endurance course as youve done it?
Check out the PRMC diary section mate, I've put one up & the lad who I was doing the carries with has also done a more detailed one.

do NOT under estimate bottom field! I almost gave up there also....