On This One

goldenboyz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Guys i just got the details through today...Im now on this one! would be good to hear from anyone else who is on this one...Only 7 weeks to go...*text deleted*
PM me

Jay22

Reaction score
Hello mate. Im just curios, what did you fail on the first time round? If you don't mind me asking...

Jamie

Reaction score
Ill be in week 2 by then so you will probably come into the foundation block when im there.

goldenboyz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Jay22 said:
Hello mate. Im just curios, what did you fail on the first time round? If you don't mind me asking...
Nah its fine mate. i failed on overall points. i got 17 when u need 18 for a pass. let myself down a fair bit on the first day which should really be easy points! you can pass it on day one and still have spare points *text deleted*.

goldenboyz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Jamie said:
Ill be in week 2 by then so you will probably come into the foundation block when im there.
hope to see you then mate! whats your name?

amb03

Reaction score
I've just had the call, will be joining you for my PRMC. Hows the training going? Have you done anything different this time round after not passing first time?

Andy

goldenboyz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
amb03 said:
I've just had the call, will be joining you for my PRMC. Hows the training going? Have you done anything different this time round after not passing first time?

Andy
Just train harder mate. all you can do. one advantage i have now is knowing how the whole system works ect so i no what 2 train 4, how hard ect. if u want any advice or anything let me know *text deleted*. b pleased 2 pass on my experiences!
where you from *text deleted*? wots *text deleted* name?

Jay22

Reaction score
So what do you reckon are the things we have really got to watch out for and prepare for?

amb03

Reaction score
goldenboyz said:
amb03 said:

Andy
Just train harder mate. all you can do. one advantage i have now is knowing how the whole system works ect so i no what 2 train 4, how hard ect. if u want any advice or anything let me know *text deleted*. b pleased 2 pass on my experiences!
where you from *text deleted*? wots *text deleted* name?
Cheers mate,

Im originally from Burnley but been living in Manchester for the last 4 years whilst i was at uni.
I think everything is going ok in terms of training, just my press-ups are a bit of a concern. Just hit a massive brick wall with them and cant get past 45ish. Dont think it is upper body strength because im managing 9/10 pull-ups at the end of every training session. Suppose Ive got 6 weeks to nail them tho. Are you feeling more confident this time round then?

Andy

goldenboyz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Jay22 said:
So what do you reckon are the things we have really got to watch out for and prepare for?
just the pti's and watch your attitude with them because even if you say something as a joke they would beast you! *text deleted*

goldenboyz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
amb03 said:
Cheers mate,

Im originally from Burnley but been living in Manchester for the last 4 years whilst i was at uni.
I think everything is going ok in terms of training, just my press-ups are a bit of a concern. Just hit a massive brick wall with them and cant get past 45ish. Dont think it is upper body strength because im managing 9/10 pull-ups at the end of every training session. Suppose Ive got 6 weeks to nail them tho. Are you feeling more confident this time round then?

Andy
just keep trying them and pushing them out mate, you will have a sudden surge and whack it up to full tally soon! *text deleted*. dont forget your only 15 press ups short though so its not as bad as it sounds! i can get about 4 pull ups...i have never been any good at them! *text deleted*.u should max out with yours though...
you can pass the course with just gym test one if u max out on everything and still have points to spare! just make sure u pass the run and determination tests though as they are just pass or fail! *text deleted*

Jay22

Reaction score
Right guys, im on this one too now. Been moved from the 8th to this one...

amb03

Reaction score
Alright Jay

Welcome mate, any reason your prmc got moved back or was it just for personal reasons? Hows the training coming along?

Jay22

Reaction score
I asked if i could be moved. Need a little bit more time with my pushups which just don't seem to be getting better no matter how much hard work i put in :(

amb03

Reaction score
Right these are my train times for heading down, anyone else on the same journey?

Manchester Piccadilly - Depart. 08:24
Exeter St Davids - Arrive. 12:43 - Depart. 13:45
Lympstone Commando - Arrive. 14:07

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What are your guys training routines like now and is there anything you're struggling on?

goldenboyz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i dont have anytimes yet. has anyone been sent their warrant yet?

im quite worried bout my press ups and running. i been ill. does anyone have any idea of how i can get them up without postponing prmc again?

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Still waiting on more details myself.

How many press-ups are you managing right now? If you've been ill and fell back on training, I wouldn't suggest going to the PRMC unless you feel confident you can pass.

I might not have the best upper body strength right now, but it is steadily improving and I have no doubts that when I get there I won't quit and will give it my all. As long as you go down with the same attitude and joining the Royal Marines is absolutely what you want to do with your life, then the chances are in your favour.

amb03

Reaction score
Merry Christmas lads,

Been a tough week of training for me because ive been back at my parents for Christmas, managed to get in a couple of runs but not much upper body work. Just been knocking out a few sets of press-ups, sit ups and pull ups whenever possible.

Someone posted a good tip on here if youre struggling with press ups though, everytime you make a brew or switch on the shower, etc (a couple of mins spare) get down and bang out as many press ups as you can. This has honestly helped enormously with me. But on average im hitting,

50 press-ups
80 sit-ups
7+ pull-ups
3 miler 12:30 out then back in 9:15ish (needs work i think)
reached level 13 on the bleep test at the RMAD

Ive stop working on upper body strength in the gym now and just concentrating on passing the PRMC, so literally just working on the above plus going on 6 to 10 milers to increase stamina. Just my personal take on things on what i think will work for me. Hows everyone else coming along?