On This One

amb03

Reaction score
Cheers mate, starting to get a little nervous now. Just cant wait to get down there, hopefully these last couple of weeks wont drag too much!

How is everyone else feeling?

Andy

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I can't wait. Training hard right now, with one break a week. I'm feeling quite confident as long as I can shift a slight cold I have right now and I don't pick up any more injuries.

I doubt very much that I'll make the maximum of the push-ups and sit-ups but I'm hopeful I'll make 6 pull-ups and do quite well on the runs and determination tests. If I'm honest I reckon I could possibly get into the early 40s of push-ups and at least 60 sit-ups.

Anyone else got anything to add or any hints you want to give? As long as we go down there and don't give up I think we should be fine.

caboose

Reaction score
hello

I'm on this one too, hows everyone else, all psyched up i hope.
my training has slacked over last 3 weeks, but i now have the next 15 days to do full out training with no work or anything to stop me.

I'm doing ok overall, falling just short on both push-ups and sit-ups, pull up i can manage if the speed don't vary too much, running and determination test should be good, as I'm stubborn and don't like giving up *text deleted*.

Anyone else here from Kent, I'm near Canterbury,
train times for me are;
10:08 Faversham, 11:17 London Victoria
11:17 London Victoria, 12:04 London Paddington
12:05 London Paddington, 14:10 Exeter St Davids
14:45 Exeter St Davids, 15:07 Lympstone Commando
Anyone else got same at any point?

amb03

Reaction score
Welcome pal, glad to hear there are a few of us off here on the same course.

Like i said above, im quietly confident with day one because i know i can roughly hit all the required targets, eg press-ups, pull-ups, 3 miler etc. Only injury or doing something daft like slipping off the pull-up bar will stop me from passing day one.

Its the unknowns, especially the determination test that im slightly nervous about, but im sure that everyone in our position will be feeling exactly the same. But like Mackie said above, as long as we go down there, give it everything and not give up no mater what, we will be travelling home on the friday with a new pair of boots in our bags.

Mackie, know how you feel with the cold/flu thing, ive managed to pick it up too. Just glad ive got it now rather than waking up on the 22nd with it. Has slightly dented my training over the last few day tho, just get plenty of vitamin c down your neck!

Andy

matt0111

Reaction score
Good luck with this date lads, just remember dry your sweaty hands on your bib before pull ups cause the bar gets really slippy. I only managed 6 when usually i can do 9 or 10 cause i never. Enjoy the assault course its brilliant.

PRMC 14th december-Passed
RT (TBC)

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
if you can rubb your hands on the floor its got some dusty or sandy stuff on the floor, it grits your hands up pretty good

South

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Re: hello

caboose said:
Anyone else here from Kent, I'm near Canterbury

Im From Deal!!
Canterbury is my AFCO!! :twisted:
Where abouts are you from mate?!

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I get there just before 5 on Tuesday, guess I'm one of the late arrivals.

Did a lot of training yesterday for which I'm suffering now and I'll finish off tomorrow and Thursday before leaving myself 4 days of rest. Also booked a full body massage for friday, it's supposed to help your muscles recover from the long training schedule I've been sticking to.

Then it's rest and studying for the interview. Can't wait, only 1 week to go!

amb03

Reaction score
Great minds think alike Mackie, ive got an hour long massage session booked for Monday afternoon. Been having them for the last couple of weeks because ive stupidly managed to pick up a bit of a hamstring strain. Its feeling ok now but im reduced to just swimming this week, just praying it wont flair up next week.

Just cant wait to get down there now though!

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sure do, got to get some last minute bars of chocolate and I'm finishing up my notes for on the train. Can't wait though, I hate waiting around.

amb03

Reaction score
Ive just finished sorting everything out, spent most of yesterday buying the whole of Boots pharmacy! Painkillers, energy bars, vicks vapour rub, everything!! So if anyone picks up an injury or cold, come find me!! Cant wait now lads.

South

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Good luck guys, im dead envious!! :)

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Good luck guys!

No matter what i dont want to hear anyone giving up on bottom field, walk if you have to!! people gave up because of cramp on mine, i had cramp but just cracked on and enjoyed it (or i at least i looked like i did, but was crying inside :*text deleted*: ) , the end of the day all it is, is exercises!! that we should all be comfortable with.

3 miler
Press ups
Sit ups
Pull ups

Not much is it? over 2 days

Just make sure your not a cocky *&%£, as if Plummy remembers that ginger lad, one of the reasons he got thrown off was because of his attitude.

Enjoy it and good luck

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeh like chris said we had people giving up *text deleted* of cramp *text deleted*in poofs if u ask me when they say do ten press ups do 10 press ups other wise if the guys find out who u are they will have agoo, well i would anyways *text deleted* , and when they say run to the top of the hill and around the left hand side of the cone make sure its the left also when they say drop literally drop to the ground *text deleted* makes life easier on bottom field

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
good luck lads i dont want to hear about any of you failing

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
ll the best lads ... crack on and get it done :wink:

Latest posts

New Threads