One for Ninja! - nationality mistake

Danny C

Reaction score
hi there, im due to start rt on the 30th of April (this month!) and have just recieved a copy of the contract i will have to sign at lympstone, but for some reason under nationality it says 'British Hong Kong' even though i have never been or lived in Hong kong and neither has any of my family.
would i be able to get this changed and sorted before RT without any problems if i called when my afco opens again on tuesday and would this affect me starting on the 30th?
i ask this because on the contract i have to sign saying that all the information is true but this obviously is not haha.
thanks!

MacheteMeetsBiscuit

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Ninja will have the true words of wisdom but considering it asks you to confirm it's all true, why don't you just contact the AFCO or another address on the forms, and say it's not correct? You've got plenty of time to get it sorted and they're hardly going to backtroop you for an admin error.

OneMoreWrap

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Just contact AFCO first thing Tuesday morning, I'm sure it will just be a case of altering the form.

Good luck for RT!!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Nothing to worry about, all that's happened is the person entering your data simply clicked on the wrong line of nationalities under 'British'.

Until you actually 'sign on' it can be easily corrected either by calling in to your AFCO & requesting a corrected copy or asking for a corrected version at CTC.

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
I think they'd notice the fact you aren't Chinese at CTC.

Danny C

Reaction score
Nothing to worry about, all that's happened is the person entering your data simply clicked on the wrong line of nationalities under 'British'.

Until you actually 'sign on' it can be easily corrected either by calling in to your AFCO & requesting a corrected copy or asking for a corrected version at CTC.
Thanks ninja! was just worried incase it was too late to change it seeming as its on the contract but ill just call them on tuesday morning and get it changed to british citizen :P thanks :)

Messenger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Good luck with RT and don't forget your chopsticks :)