Online Security Clearance form

duncan85

Reaction score
Is anybody trying to use this online form and having problems? I'm pretty sure it is the site that is just messed up.

It's just annoying as I have read in other places that the security clearance takes ages and it'd be the most frustrating thing ever if it was the clearance that was holding me back after PRMC.

Does anyone know how long on average these things take?

logan

Reaction score
Alright duncan,

My CA mentioned the online form to me after my interview on Monday.
He said it wasn't great at the minute and warned it can be frustrating to say the least.

I haven't had the privilege yet of attempting to fill it in but I'm sure it's on it's way.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The online Security Cleance questionnaire application was supposed to be brought online on 05 April, but in the words of the Defence Vetting Agency "The National Security Vetting Portal is in a state of flux at present." At least, I think that's what the guy on the helpdesk said.

As with all changes there will inevitably be teething troubles, there was with the new medical examination contract, the introduction of eye tests conducted by independent opticians & the introduction of the PJFT, changes of gymnasiums & changes of PJFT standards.

In "old money" SC for UK nationals used to take 6 to 8 weeks to be processed on average. With this new system, I'm guessing anything up to, erm, 6 to 8 weeks or maybe even quicker.

It generally tends to be more of an issue for candidates who have passed PRMC & have a join date in less than two months.

duncan85

Reaction score
Ah OK, that shouldn't be too much of a problem then. 6-8 weeks ain't too bad. Just hope they get it up and running soon.

I'm definitely hoping to get clearance before PRMC because I'm hoping to go on the cancellation list instead of getting assigned a troop, which I'm guessing as you could start anytime you will need to have the clearance before you can go on that list...

C

C

Ah OK, that shouldn't be too much of a problem then. 6-8 weeks ain't too bad. Just hope they get it up and running soon.

I'm definitely hoping to get clearance before PRMC because I'm hoping to go on the cancellation list instead of getting assigned a troop, which I'm guessing as you could start anytime you will need to have the clearance before you can go on that list...
I thought you were considering going down the YO route now?

duncan85

Reaction score
I thought you were considering going down the YO route now?
I was considering...but the more I looked into it, the more I thought it wasn't for me. I don't think I'm a natural-born leader.

I think my reasons for joining are more based around the roles of OR. There are somethings about YO I would really want to do, but I don't feel as passionately about trying to become a YO as I do about OR. Writing that, it sounds a little stupid but it is just how I feel.

C

C

I was considering...but the more I looked into it, the more I thought it wasn't for me. I don't think I'm a natural-born leader.

I think my reasons for joining are more based around the roles of OR. There are somethings about YO I would really want to do, but I don't feel as passionately about trying to become a YO as I do about OR. Writing that, it sounds a little stupid but it is just how I feel.
Fair one, I can understand what you mean.

themightyg-notyetbutsoon!

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
my security clearance is still valid (paper one) but i have to transfer the details onto the computerised version.

when i log in and click one of the links it says the form will load but a box with a big red * appears?

is this the same bug that others are getting or do i have to update my flash player or similar?

cheers

duncan85

Reaction score
my security clearance is still valid (paper one) but i have to transfer the details onto the computerised version.

when i log in and click one of the links it says the form will load but a box with a big red * appears?

is this the same bug that others are getting or do i have to update my flash player or similar?

cheers
Hey man...

I read on the defence vetting agency home page that the eform is not working at the moment, I don't think it will be your flash player but you could download latest one just to check.

I got the home page of my account OK but when you click details or parents etc it says loading eform but nothing comes up.

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hey man...

I read on the defence vetting agency home page that the eform is not working at the moment, I don't think it will be your flash player but you could download latest one just to check.

I got the home page of my account OK but when you click details or parents etc it says loading eform but nothing comes up.
Ah, excellent!
Ta for that

kirk_harris

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I had my interview last week thursday and was told I will prob need to do the new online security clearance version as my paper one may not be valid now however my CA said the system was currently down. Out of interest where do you go to fill out the online form and did you get sent log information from your CA?

As I would like to get it out the way.

duncan85

Reaction score
It still isn't working man, it's annoying and they ain't taking paper forms.

I think your CA has to set up your account, which you then have to activate. When activated I think it remains active for 30 days until complete, so basically there isn't any rush as you can't fill it in anyway!

kirk_harris

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers for the info was just told it doesn't work at the moment and it was left at that so a little in the dark on the whole precedue. I give my CA a call after Easter and see whats the story.

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I phoned dva today and It works for some but not others it would seem.
You need adobe 9 for it to work but I have that and still nowt.

Its annoying, my previous sc is still valid but they want it input online seemingly.
Grrrrr.

kirk_harris

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Really not looking forward to filling this form out again it's so long :(

duncan85

Reaction score
Adobe 9, I might download it just to see if anything else happens. Pretty damn annoying.

I have seen the form, it doesn't look too bad it is just loooonnnngggg.

fluxed02

Reaction score
New Electronic Security Form

Not sure whether many of you have had experiance with this new system, but here goes, as soon as i log into the E portal, i click "My details" it opens Adobe Reader but a message appears saying "File Does Not Begin With PDF%!" Any Solutions?? Thanks

duncan85

Reaction score
Urgh...I've not been able to do anything with the eform. I log in fine, then I'll click on any of the 'my details' icons and it just says 'loading eform', except it just never loads.

If you look on the Defence Vetting Agency website it says people are having trouble with the eform and they are trying to sort it out. I've not been able to do anything with my form for weeks. My CA says theres no major rush, but it is still annoying.

fluxed02

Reaction score
Yeah, same here, have you got adobe reader? I was just planning to go through it all today but i guess not now.

duncan85

Reaction score
Yeah, but I've got adobe 8, I think I saw somewhere if you have adobe 9 it is more likely to work? I have had a look and not sure if you can download it for free but you should be able to get the update for free...I don't know, I'm useless with computers.

I think you can download a copy (but it ain't the eform) just to see what is asked and to see if there is any information you will need to gather. The form isn't really that bad, it's just quite log winded. Even asks questions like 'Have you ever planned espionage?' and other silly things. Ha ha.