Online Security Clearance form

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
From what I've managed to discover, busy internet times can affect the ability to download the form.

Several considerations - attempt it during an off peak period (very early morning/late at night), consider connecting direct to your router by ethernet cable rather than wi-fi,

Make sure you're clicking on "SC In Progress" rather than on the individual sections as they will not load individually.

You need Internet Explorer 7 or above and Adobe Reader v 9 or above. Don't use any other browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox etc. as it may not be fully compatable.

It's a large-scale issue nationally & the Defence Vetting Agency are apparently working on it to try & resolve the snags.

duncan85

Reaction score
Ha ha...well I am using Google Chrome, Adobe 8 and using WiFi. Maybe that is not helping.

I'll try your suggestions, thanks Ninja.

fluxed02

Reaction score
Neither does clicking on the individual sections Ha, thanks Ninja.

duncan85

Reaction score
Neither does clicking on the individual sections Ha, thanks Ninja.

Can you click on the 'SC in progress'?

It doesn't seem to be an option for me.

I have just tried on my Dads computer and still doesn't work and that is adobe 9, IE 7.

I just want it done and out the way!

fluxed02

Reaction score
Can you click on the 'SC in progress'?

It doesn't seem to be an option for me.

I have just tried on my Dads computer and still doesn't work and that is adobe 9, IE 7.

I just want it done and out the way!
Try Adobe 10, click the "SC"

duncan85

Reaction score
Ha ha ha. All this time spent messing around...all it required was to click the 'SC'.

Worked in seconds....and with google chrome and adobe 8!

Cheers!!

...Oh no, take it back, the icons on the side don't do anything when I click on them?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Forgot to say, you need to close your left eye, face East & cross your fingers, too.

duncan85

Reaction score
Yeah, as soon as I took my top off, it worked instantly. Strange.

Finally got the form to work! It is nearly complete, just a few addresses that I need to find out.

Plus I have to contact my DEVIL ex as I lived with her for 4-5 months in 2009-2010 (which soon killed the relationship ha ha) so they need to know her current and past 5 years addresses!

scsracing

Reaction score
I had trouble using the site when using adobe 10 with google chrome(couldn't click on the side bars after clicking on 'SC' )as my CA said using google chrome was the best.Just tried internet explorer 7 and it worked lovely :toung:

rom

Reaction score
sorry am lost on this security clearance thing am from fiji i got my forms set to me but did not see the security thingy..i had just sent my application off but now worried about this security.c form
much help is appreciated.

duncan85

Reaction score
Finally submitted the eform!

I had to re-check it about 5 times as was paranoid I had missed something or got something wrong. Then on my final re-check a LOAD more financial history questions suddenly popped up even though every other time it said it was complete!

I'm hoping student loans aren't frowned upon...just seeing the total loan amount owed being just over ?20,000 is pretty depressing ha ha!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Authorised Student Loans (not unofficial loans or bank loans) are not usually a problem as your initial income is below the repayment threshold.

Nevetheless, it's worth remembering that within 5 years of joining the service, you will commence student loan repayment, so should budget accordingly.

Alex.T

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
*text deleted** had the same problems...

sidwills

Reaction score
What happens if you get married after filling in the security questionnaire?

Presumably you have to give your wife's details and she gets vetted as well? Do you do this before getting married, or after?

Just curious at the moment, but this could well end up happening to me when I apply.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
If you live together already, her details are required, otherwise you just state your circumstances at the time of completing the questionnaire.

Steve_90

Reaction score
Security form

I'm just wondering how long you guys waited to recieve the link for the security questionaire? i was told last wednesday that it would be with within a couple days, but still nothing a week later.

Just wondering if this is a normal wait time or whether i should chase this up?