Online Security Clearance form

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Just to clarify the above "fix" for Firefox browsers, there is also a fix for Google Chrome Users.

Rather than painfully complete the entire form, press "Submit" & lose an hour or two's work, the best bet, once registered is to read the Vetting Statement & check the "accept" box, then save that page.

If the save doesn't work, employ the following fixes, dependent on the browser used:

DVA said:
To fix functionality in Google Chrome:

• Ensure Adobe pdf reader is installed.
  • Open a fresh Chrome window.
  • In the address field type ?about:plugins? without the quotes.
  • In the subsequent menu ensure Adobe Reader Plugin is enabled (if it is not it will be greyed out)
  • Then ensure the Chrome pdf viewer is disabled this should happen by default when Adobe is enabled but probably as well to check.
  • Restart browser. E-form should be fully functional on logging in again.
The ?BAD REQUEST- Invalid Header. HTTP Error 400? is caused by a problem with the Firefox browser.

This error is displayed when the subject tries to save or submit. The data is lost.

To fix functionality in Firefox:

The request has an invalid header name.
  • Open Firefox browser, make sure only one instance of the browser is open.
  • In address field type in ?about:config? and press enter.
  • You will see a dialogue box with the words "Here Be Dragons!"
  • Confirm that you want to open configuration screen.
  • In a filter field type in ?network.http.sendRefererHeader?.
  • Double click on the ?network.http.sendRefererHeader? item to change value, change value to ?0? and confirm by clicking ?OK?
  • Close the browser and open it again.
For the record, MACS are currently not supported. The recommended set up is Windows PC, Internet Explorer 6 or Above, Adober Reader 9 or Above.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Just an update, for those unaware, your online Security Clearance (SC) must be completed within 28 days from receipt of the activation email.

Once the 28 days expire from the initial email from the DVA to commence Security clearance(SC) , repeat activation emails are automatically sent until such time as the "nil response" triggers the cancellation of the process.

Your AFCO will receive a cancellation notification & as SC can cost up to ?2k, may well withdraw your application to join the Royal Marines in the assumption you are no longer interested. If this happens your PRMC or RT start date is automatically cancelled.

wardie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Is the online security clearance not working at the moment? as its coming up "page not found" but i was on it the other day filling it in... ?

itslikethat

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
It's up and running gentlemen, I have just completed it and submitted it and i haven't got my PJFT yet I'm preparing for a date.

Good luck.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
A timely reminder for those who have received an activation email to complete security clearance, but have yet to activate it - The longer you take to complete the Security Clearance application, the longer it takes to gain security clearance.

If a cancellation occurs in a Recruit Troop & you have passed PRMC, you will not be offered an earlier entry date until SC is gained.

SC at present is taking, on average, well in excess of 3 months from completing the online form - so, do not put it off.

wardie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The "add parent" part is not working at the moment so i cant complete it :( you'll click the Add parent button and no drop down sections come up it's just blank. Do you know if there's something wrong with the site at the moment ninja or is it just mine ?

Ren_Dundle10101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a link I can click for SC, to complete of my own accord, or do I need to wait for an email (that I have a feeling will never come)?

:edit: just saw the link a few posts earlier. Still posing the question, am I allowed to just click it or do I need to wait for an email?

Duffy19

Reaction score
Ninja, about a month ago i received a call from my AFCO saying that there was a letter from the MOD for me to open.
When I opened it, it said i had not completed part of the online DVA form, the section was the criminal convictions and I realized I had forgot i to mention i had 3 points on my driving license.
SO..i wrote down on the paper provided and sent it off with details of the offense...TODAY, i got an email..

"Thank you for completing and returning your declaration form, unfortunately the information you declared does not match our records.

The undeclared offence in question was from April last year; please note that all cautions must be declared."

So this wasn't the one they where looking for, if they think i am being dishonest could this effect my application being accepted?I do not know what to do next? It was a huge mistake not putting the correct information on in the first place but i am worried they will turn around and terminate my application, for a silly mistake.

Thanks

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Security Clearance costs around ?2.5K so cannot be started before an account is created & an activation email sent.

As indicated in the vetting policy, all offences & police involvement including spot fines & cautions, but excluding parking tickets & speeding spot fines, spent or unspent must be declared. Those failing to disclose everything are given an opportinity to correct any omissions. It may well result in rejection if the opportinity is not taken & as we check the Police National Computer, it can hardly be viewed as an honest mistake twice over.

Duffy19

Reaction score
I understand, what would then happen if my SC was rejected? Would that mean my application would be stopped and i would be unable to re-apply?
I am very worried now..

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Technically, knowingly withholding information that may affect suitability for service is viewed as a fraudulent application and grounds for rejecting an application to join the Armed Forces due to questionable integrity as well as the issue itself. If the individual knowingly withholds information which comes to light after joining, then they can be prosecuted and dismissed -thereby jeopardising 18 years guaranteed income and pension before they even start.

If it's an email to which you can reply, or you can write a letter, the response from the Defence Vetting Agency is worded in a such a way that it may be possible, even at this stage, to redeem yourself by disclosing everything asked - nothing ventured, nothing gained. It could go either way.

The issue with regard the declaration of a spent 'offence' is between the individual and the Defence Vetting Agency as it need not be declared to your AFCO...But, if the omission to declare everything results in the refusal to grant Security Clearance, then it's 'game over' for the the Armed Forces and the Defence Industries.

Duffy19

Reaction score
I emailed the guy back with what i thought the caution may of been for ( Police seized an air powered weapon out of my car ), and i have received another email saying this..

"since you have now declared the information I need, I should be able to issue your clearance some time today and your sponsor will be informed."

Pretty relieved now!! one question, is my sponsor the AFCO?

thanks

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
My advice is buy a lottery ticket tonight, as you are probably luckier than you'll ever appreciate. :idea:

The sponsor is your careers adviser.

Ren_Dundle10101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
?2.5k for security clearance! That's a lot of cheddar! No one's ever spent that much money on me, I'm touched :embarrest: (well, I will be when/if an email comes...)

Cpt.Centurion

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
need help with the last part of my clearance.

I made a past application with the Royal Air Force and completed some form of pen and paper clearance back in 2009.

the form is asking for the department, agency or firm in which i completed the form.

i am not sure what it is I should put. I have a feeling i should put Ministry of defence?

and i don't know the exact month i did the forms but only got past the medical stage due to waiting times and the date in which the passes lasted.

what should i put?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Unless you actually completed all elements of RAF selection & Security Clearance was granted whilst awaiting an allocated entry date, then it's unlikely the Security Clearance form (MOD Form 1109) will have been submitted to the defence vetting agency - in this case, click "No"

If you know security clearance was requested & granted, the agency is RAF, the dates either NK (Not Known) or 01/01/2009 if it will not accept "NK".

Duffy19

Reaction score
My advice is buy a lottery ticket tonight, as you are probably luckier than you'll ever appreciate. :idea:

The sponsor is your careers adviser.
Lottery ticket sounds like a good idea, I was very worried indeed all last night and I thought it was the end of the line, very very very lucky :rolleyes:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Reminder: Completing the Online Security Questionnaire

One of the guys who passed PRMC today with an A Grade pass could have started RT on 31st October (due to a series of last minute cancellations on this particular entry).

Unfortunately, despite being sent the activation email, the Security Clearance application has been withdrawn due to it not being activated within 28 days, making him ineligible for a short notice allocation of an entry date.

dylan-7

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ninja, how long would this be valid for? And can you just do it when you want, or do you have to see an AFCO first?