Online Security Clearance form

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Again, just a timely reminder for those that seem to think we don't check criminal records & decide not to declare the fact:

Technically, knowingly withholding information that may affect suitability for service is viewed as a fraudulent application and grounds for rejecting an application to join the Armed Forces due to questionable integrity as well as the issue itself. If the individual knowingly withholds information which comes to light after joining, then they can be prosecuted and dismissed -thereby jeopardising 18 years guaranteed income and pension before they even start.

keir8

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
When you gave submitted your form do you get a email back or will your ca get back to u

keir8

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
When you have submitted your form do you get a email back or will your ca get back to u

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Once successfully completed & submitted, your status indicates 'in progress'. Once SC is granted, it changes to 'Complete'.

We don't usually get in touch unless there's a problem.

Ren_Dundle10101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Are there some guidance notes I can read about SC? Just started my form. I'm asked for my job title, rank/position and staff/service number. I'd assume I leave that blank as I'm not serving personnel and it's not a required field either?

Ren_Dundle10101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I ignored that bit, moved on to former employers, which I'm now having difficulty with.

I'm trying to enter information about my current employer. I've filled in all the fields with a red asterisk, but the "page complete" green tick isn't popping up. Can't work out why not. I've tried re-entering all the info. I realised earlier that it said enter your most recent employers first, which I have done

Ren_Dundle10101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Update: Issue resolved. I had to removed the full stops in my current employer's company name.

One last issue: Clicking "Generate Error report" says there are validation issues with Financial history 1, 2, 3 & 4.

Is this par for the course or am I missing something? The only thing I can think of is a few times when I was younger, I incurred a few "unauthorised overdraft fees" on my debit card, but that's nothing serious that needs declaring, right?

Also my sister used to keep applying for me to get a store card in her shop so that she would be allowed to leave 30mins earlier (As a loving brother, I obliged). It failed a few times due to me not being on the Electoral register and thus having no credit history (correct me if I'm wrong and those 2 aren't linked). After I voted in the 2010(?) election I was able to get a store card and she got to go home 30 minutes early. Anyway, do I need to write down those failed applications in "being refused a store/ credit card" if my credit history never existed when they failed?

EDIT:

this is what the error report is saying. So it's saying there are validation issues, but not saying what. Maybe I should just ignore it

FINANCIAL HISTORY 1

The following validation issues have been detected:

FINANCIAL HISTORY 2

FINANCIAL HISTORY 3

FINANCIAL HISTORY 4

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Read post 52 on this thread.

If you click 'check for errors' it informs you what's missing.

As we conduct a credit reference check & criminal record check, ensure you complete all sections fully.

It only becomes difficult if you do not answer the questions honestly.

Quinny342

Reaction score

As we conduct a credit reference check & criminal record check, ensure you complete all sections fully.

ninja, when filling out 'previous employers' is this just for general information or do your past employees get informed and have to fill out anything?just *text deleted** had a couple of jobs where they have only last a short period of time and not too sure whether there is any point in including them? thanks

Ren_Dundle10101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

Ah, already submitted it before I read this. I did read up to page 3 or 4 looking for a post like that. After reading that far I decided no such post existed...

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
ninja, when filling out 'previous employers' is this just for general information or do your past employees get informed and have to fill out anything?just *text deleted** had a couple of jobs where they have only last a short period of time and not too sure whether there is any point in including them? thanks
All Naval personnel undergo full Security Clearance (SC) - fully cleared to Secret classification (Certain RN/RM specialiasations undergo Developed Vetting, which is far more involved & allows access higher than secret) however I think Army Infantry just undergo the Basic Check (Criminal Records Check & Credit Check) or Counter Terrorist Check, so it's unlikely you will need to nominate all previous employers for the Paras unless you need SC..

Quinny342

Reaction score
All Naval personnel undergo full Security Clearance (SC) - fully cleared to Secret classification (Certain RN/RM specialiasations undergo Developed Vetting, which is far more involved & allows access higher than secret) however I think Army Infantry just undergo the Basic Check (Criminal Records Check & Credit Check) or Counter Terrorist Check, so it's unlikely you will need to nominate all previous employers for the Paras unless you need SC..
Thanks for the heads up and quick response ninja!!

Liam2468

Reaction score
I finished my security clearance at the end of June/early July and i haven't heard anything from AFCO about it since they confirmed it had all been sent off, is this usual? Cheers

Reaction score
to say this is frustrating is an understatement!

when i open the page with the grey boxes on the left i get a pop up that says. "this document enabled features in adobe reader. the document has been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available. please contact the author for the origional version of this document."

then i press "OK" as it is the only option, the box dissapears and doesnt seem to affect anything.

but when i click a grey box it brings something up about it not being able to save something to my computer. and the section wont load up

ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH :evil:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The site is best described as 'temperamental' - try using Internet Explorer, if it still doesn't work it's best trying tomorrow as there maybe 'maintenance' in progress.

Smoke On

Reaction score
Just a quick one, but at what point in the application are you asked to complete the SC online?

RoyalCanuck

Reaction score
I was told by my Careers Advisor that the online security form was not necessary if I had the completed paper version.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Overseas applicants have to complete a paper version of the form for the granting of a residency waiver prior to submission for processing.

The paper version of the online form for UK nationals ceased to be accepted from March 2011.