Online Security Clearance form

Red Bull

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I posted my SC about a week ago. Is the waiting list still 3months or so?

It's so nerve racking. It's annoying me.

Without sounding too negative. What happens if you fail for some reason? Is this common? Would it spell the end of a military career?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I posted my SC about a week ago. Is the waiting list still 3months or so?

It's so nerve racking. It's annoying me.

Without sounding too negative. What happens if you fail for some reason? Is this common? Would it spell the end of a military career?
Assuming you have posted a paper security clearance form because you are an overseas applicant, SC can sometimes take significantly longer than 3 months depending on your country(ies) of residence & their diplomatic links with he UK secuity services.

If you completed an online application timescales can vary significantly. The average is around 3 months at present but I still have applicants waiting since July whereas some applied for in October have already been granted.

If SC is not granted, you will be told why & you cannot join the service. As long as the reason for being knocked-back was not for 'failing to disclose' (ie: fraud) then if you later meet the required citeria, you may re-apply in future.

Red Bull

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks ninja. On with the nerves. Don't know why I'm nervous though - just want it so bad.

westy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Ninja,

How does your credit rating affect your SC?? I'm not 100% sure how mine is going to look?? It's my biggest worry about the whole application process!!

Cheers westy

Red Bull

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I'll bump this as it seams to have gotten lost down the list.

I'm curious myself. My credit score isn't very good at all!

Red Bull

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
It doesn't seam to want to let me edit my previous post. So here goes -

This link may be useful. Expand the other answers too. Particularly the bottom one, I know my credit score falls into that box. I think the main point to take from it is that it depends on whether or not you have paid everything off. Ie, are you likely to take bribes in exhange for information.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070825095650AARktXQ

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The answers above at the link refer to the US military, not HM Armed Forces.

If you have CCJ's, are bankrupt or have defaulted credit payments which have not since been addressed then it is likely to affect your application significantly.

The advice is speak to your creditors if you are in arrears and address the issue.

We use Experian to conduct the credit check, you can use them to check your status also, if in doubt.

Red Bull

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Ah I see. Sorry I didn't check if it was US or UK. Thanks

Ren_Dundle10101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
SC at present is taking, on average, well in excess of 3 months from completing the online form - so, do not put it off.
Searched this thread looking for this answer.

Completed the form in mid-November, mid February will make it 3 months.

Will I get an email whatever the outcome (SC granted or denied) or do I need to check back every fortnight or so?

Thanks in advance!

juldesbruslais

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm still unsure on how to get on with this clearance thing.
I only got an email with a snap-shot of the portal with my details on..
Name......
Surname.........
Email add........
DOB....... etc!

I'm not sure if I'm meant to get an email with a link or something ...and so I just copy the link seen on the picture "https://www.nsv.mod.uk/Sponsor/User.aspx" but it takes me to a log in page.
So my question is that

1.) am I supposed to get an email with a link?
2.) Is my log in my NAME or something and password is DOB?

Thanks in advance!

gym beast

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm still unsure on how to get on with this clearance thing.
I only got an email with a snap-shot of the portal with my details on..
Name......
Surname.........
Email add........
DOB....... etc!

I'm not sure if I'm meant to get an email with a link or something ...and so I just copy the link seen on the picture "https://www.nsv.mod.uk/Sponsor/User.aspx" but it takes me to a log in page.
So my question is that

1.) am I supposed to get an email with a link?
2.) Is my log in my NAME or something and password is DOB?

Thanks in advance!
I got 3 emails, one of them had a screenshot at the bottom for the details to put into the form.
another one had a link to click to register, go through that and you pick a username and password at the end

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You will get an activation email from NSV with a link to enter your details & create an account. For username, just use the first part of your email address or similar.

The email you have already sounds like it's a guide from your AFCO.

nostrebor

Reaction score
my son is trying to join the raf he was in but was asked v.w. because he had a court case to atttend i am asking what kind of offence would keep him out .he intends to reapply soon his case is for domestic violence which he has plead not guilty

SandyLad24

Reaction score
Hello all,

My Security Clearance is now showing as completed.

Is there anything else I need to do?
Does anyone contact me?
How do I get my certificate - if there is such a thing!

Cheers,
Sands

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
All you need do now is breathe a sigh of relief, don't default on any debts & always run faster than the police. :rolleyes:

Seriously, you just need to keep your nose clean, the certificate is sent to your AFCO, so after a PRMC pass, you're now "good to go".

Kendodsworth

Reaction score
Ninja I've got quite a while to go as I still have my pjft to do, but I was just wondering if I will still have to do the online security clearanc. I've recently done a enchanced crb check and enhanced security vetting process done by the police force?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You will undergo full security clearance unless already cleared for access to data classified secret.

Old Man

Ex-Matelot
Reaction score
What happens if an applicant has no computer access? I've got a feeling I might be asked for help.