Online Security Clearance form

iDane

Reaction score
Ninja...

How do we know when our security clearance is 'clear'?i
.e granted? When i login via portal mine says 'complete'
is that just to clarify i have completed the form, or which i think is unlikely, does it signify you have actually been granted clear and your certificate is being sent to AFCO?

cheers

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
If it reads: "SC in progress" it means you've completed everything and the process has started.
If it reads: "SC awaiting subject actions" it means you need to complete it within 28 days or it gets delected.
If it reads "Status: Completed" the process is complete, SC granted.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
In addition, for UK passport holders who are resident overseas outside of UK in excess of 28 days in the five years immediately prior to entry, will require a residency waiver in order to gain security clearance prior to entry (assuming you meet the entry criteria in all other respects).

To gain a residency waiver, upon your return to UK, you will need to produce an employer reference (if working overseas) a character reference, a copy of the visas in your passport (if applicable), residential addresses/dates whilst overseas, a Police Check certificate from the country in which you are currently residing. Page 3 of this document should assist:http://www.cpni.gov.uk/documents/pu...-criminal-records-check.pdf?epslanguage=en-gb

Sly3

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just a curious question, two jobs I did a gap between both within 2 years have gone into liquidation and both don’t exist now I do not have any details or contact numbers or even names I’ve put down what I could and ticks have been accepted is this viable to gain clearance.

westy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Just a curious question, two jobs I did a gap between both within 2 years have gone into liquidation and both don’t exist now I do not have any details or contact numbers or even names I’ve put down what I could and ticks have been accepted is this viable to gain clearance.
I had to put the details in, then in the notes bit at the end I had to explain that I didn’t know exact dates etc and mine cleared through

Sly3

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
That’s more than adequate although I haven’t seen the notes part I’ve only had a quick squint where too is that located ?

westy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
It’s the last bit before you effectively sign it off, other information or something like that!!

Sly3

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Wasn’t at the end of mine, ah well it’s away now if I am asked anything by telephone I’ll happily answer.