Online Security Clearance - Web Browser?

DhobiWanKenobi

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I was in my local AFCO yesterday to finalise details for my PRMC and I was told to start the security clearance process online. It was suggested that I use Internet Explorer as browsers such as Chrome can cause problems.

However, since I'm on a Mac I was wondering if anyone has had success using the Safari web browser? I've not tried yet but thought it would be best to ask first! Obviously worst case scenario is that I just use someone else's computer.

Cheers

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Once you successfully log-in and create a user account with a username and password, load the form and read the security vetting statement, check the "I accept" box and press save.

If it saves, it's compatible, fill out one page & check again by pressing save - if it doesn't, ask a poor person if you can use their PC instead.

Don't wait until the end, after filling-out page after page, only to press 'save' and find out it doesn't work. Otherwise the window breaks when you lob your Mac slimline laptop computer through it.

DhobiWanKenobi

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Thanks for that, I'll give it a try.

Oh and for the record, I don't know any poor people.

Ryan11

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i did my clearance on my mac and it was fine buddy, just did it in safari. no problems

ryan

G-Unit

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Pock - I'm sure you could volunteer at a local "poor" centre and when their backs are turned jump on.

Also on the same session google, "bomb" and "infidel"

Should speed up the process.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Pock - I'm sure you could volunteer at a local "poor" centre and when their backs are turned jump on.

Also on the same session google, "bomb" and "infidel"

Should speed up the process.

Wise words.

Probably as well to stay clear of doors & windows when googling though, whilst the SAS blokey swings through the windows, preceded by a couple of stun grenades.

DhobiWanKenobi

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Wise words.

Probably as well to stay clear of doors & windows when googling though, whilst the SAS blokey swings through the windows, preceded by a couple of stun grenades.

Then everyone in Hereford will profess to being the first man on the balcony outside my bedroom.

DhobiWanKenobi

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I'm not getting any luck with Safari, and have also tried Firefox and Chrome. When the form loads, I'm unable to click on any of the buttons on the right.

What am I doing wrong?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I'm using my mobile at the mo' so limited putting the link, but I've uploaded guidance notes for online security clearance somewhere. There's also a 'fix' for Firefox which has the phrase 'here be dragons' (bizarrely) and there's a fix for chrome too. Try an advanced search of dragons, chrome & firefox...that'll be it.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Here 'tis, copy and paste this on your browser: prmc.royalnavy.mod.uk/showpost.php?p=298519&postcount=62

Grimmey

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Wise words.

Against procedures now, apparently they have to knock like everyone else these days.

DhobiWanKenobi

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, Ninja, all working now. I think my main problem was not having Adobe Reader installed.

Latest posts

New Threads