Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Op Firefly 24 - Trained Rank Rejoins

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Ninja_Stoker, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

For those interested, due to manning shortfalls within the regular service, trained ranks may apply to rejoin the Regular or Reserve Corps seamlessly up to 24 months after leaving the Regular service.

Contact your nearest RMR Detachment or AFCO for details.

2. thewolveriene

thewolveriene New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Is this a permanent change or until recruiting numbers replenish ?

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

My guess is it a measure implemented only for as long as there's a shortfall of trained ranks. How long it will last is anyone's guess but still not heard any mention of a rejoin bounty yet.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Beans and Chips pls

Beans and Chips pls Royal Marines Commando

Supposedly all ranks that have left in the last 2 years I believe will be getting a call and be asked about rejoining. Rumour is be offered 10000 grand (which is taxable) to serve a further 3 years.

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Not heard the £10K rumour yet, but it sounds plaisible. Wonder how many Royals will hand their chit in to get the £10k?

6. Beans and Chips pls

Beans and Chips pls Royal Marines Commando

I doubt many. As I said it's taxable, so it's not 10000 into your hand, and you've to do a ROS of 3 years. Equates to under 3000 a year if tax is taken into account!

7. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

Not a bad run ashore though! :D

Alan

• Like Like x 3
  8. R

R Well-Known Member

Not a permanent measure.

10k for 5 years return to service is the current float, the problem is if the payment is offered to rejoins it needs to be offered to ranks currently servicing, which is the point where its being held up. I imagine when it is rolled out it will be offered to a particular segment of serving strength in the same way a retention payment was offered to retain ranks during the maritime boom! Interestingly the payment will be taxed as a bonus payment so HMRC will take a substantial chunk.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jaykay2343

Jaykay2343 Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT

Why have they got rid of the commitment bonus then now add this?

10. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I can’t beleive I missed this.

But this is NOT being offered by RMR.

It’s the Army Reserve that was offering this, the RMR mugged it off.

Any ex regulars reading this, I encourage and reccomend you to look at joining other Reserve Units. The RMR has shocking admin and you will be a glorified taxi driver for Nods and achieve nothing.

The Army Reserve is a far better service for admin, and understanding towards fulltime employment.

• Seen Seen x 1
  11. Squatmonkey

Squatmonkey Royal Marines Commando

Not now with the compulsory mobilisations happening every year because of the manning issues!

I think the rmr should work as much as it can with the regular corps, but filling pids isn't what reserves are for imho :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1
  12. The guide

The guide Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure

Not seen any evidence of a re-enlistsment bonus , either in the offing, or just as a idea..wishful thinking

13. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    It’s just rumours.

The RMR can barely pay people what they are owed, and at the right time, let alone throwing “bonus’s” into the admin vortex of JPA aswell.

14. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    No doubt when that proves to be more hassle than it’s worth, it will fall apart.

I am still waiting on an outcome of the poor lads deployed now who were led to beleive it was compulsory. It was complete manipulation, and since it was called out, suddenly no one wants to talk about it.

I wouldn’t mind deploying with RMR, but not for some Mickey Mouse event, not for some local/UK mainland glorified policing crap. And certainly not to sit on a unit and watch Jeremy Kyle. And Definately not without a bonus. Not to mention the lost time working, the overtime(which I wouldn’t be able to get or claim for), the experience, and the cost and time spent to retrain and get back to standard on return to my job. And all the disturbance of being away from family etc.

RMR will continue to be in this limbo until someone’s higher up actually does their job and changes it. There’s some glaring problems woth RMR, and ones that are unique to RMR, and not other reserve forces.

• Seen Seen x 1