opinions on ant middleton.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Never watched the show but I'm astonished and amused in equal measure when those who promote themselves publicly to earn a living commit career suicide via social media. :)

Another gem here:

Screenshot 2021-03-02 at 11.48.14.png

I think he made a mistake there in apologising. I don't think he was sorry that he said it at the time. He should have gone full Trump and brought out another gem.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Nah he definitely got kicked off for the BLM comments. It’s such a controversial topic now where if you don’t support it you are seen as a racist and more people care about BLM than those who hate on it. Like when the London fireworks did the BLM fist people were complaining about it but the majority were supporting it and proud. It’s about satisfying the majority rather than the minority as they have a bigger impact, especially for TV production.
Don’t be so sure mate. Just because the media portrays it as a majority. Doesn’t make it so.
You will be more likely to find those that support the BLM and violence are in the minority.

Hence booing at football matches and other events, even black influencers on YouTube and other social media were facing backlash and censorship.

It’s a vocal violent angry minority. And when faced with facts, statistics, logical reasoning, their argument falls apart.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Never watched the show but I'm astonished and amused in equal measure when those who promote themselves publicly to earn a living commit career suicide via social media. :)

Another gem here:

Screenshot 2021-03-02 at 11.48.14.png

To be fair to him, it’s easy to look back and judge now but at that point we were all in a different mindset and had different views on where it was going.

A bit insensitive and foolish yea but nor as bad as the media portray.

Chelonian

Reaction score
If it's any consolation to Mr Middleton my own "values and views" have never been aligned with those of C4.

CallMeLucifer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The thing I like about BLM is the fact that middle-class whites are far more partisan about it than anyone else is. Whites care more about it than Blacks do. It's got to the point that a lot of Blacks I had known were embarrassed to be associated with a bunch of crusty old Karens and university students.

As for Ant's comments towards them. I would not have apologised at all. He attacked both sides, yet him criticising BLM was the straw that broke the camel's back?

Aerial

Reaction score
The reason I think it was because Channel 4 might be running out of money is that he made those comments around 6-7 months ago. It's very odd for them to announce it now if it was due to Covid and BLM matters.

Could be though.

Yeah that's similar to my first thought, if it was due to COVID and BLM matters they'd have binned him off at the time. I'd guess it's likely that he's difficult to deal with and C4 saw him as a liability so just got rid and used the statements he'd made in the past for cause.

No idea how C4 are doing financially, but getting rid of Ant Middleton isn't going to save them much money in the grand scheme of things.

OddPikeFromCrimsonCity.

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
But they’s statements were made way before ant was let go, so I imagine there was a lot going on behind the scenes as well

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score

Corona

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Don’t be so sure mate. Just because the media portrays it as a majority. Doesn’t make it so.
You will be more likely to find those that support the BLM and violence are in the minority.
I think that really depends on age group. At my school at least, 8 out of 10 of year 12&13 will say they support BLM and its 'understandable' the violence they cause 'buildings have insurance' etc

-banghead- If you speak out against it, God help you...

CallMeLucifer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think that really depends on age group. At my school at least, 8 out of 10 of year 12&13 will say they support BLM and its 'understandable' the violence they cause 'buildings have insurance' etc

It's worse at university, trust me. The difference being, these students will join or provoke the violence. In regards to your guys' comment about insurance, you could have justified smacking them because they are covered by the NHS.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score

Yea I would agree on that. It doesn’t help that teachers tend to be mostly lefty wackos. I used to argue with my Modern Studies teacher all the time because they were a havering die hard communist.
Kids tend to parrot and go with the herd because they don’t want to stick out and be ostracised. Hopefully as they grow up they start to challenge this group think, and think for themselves.

Sadly the irony of smashing up black owned businesses and burning down black communities is lost on them. And it doesn’t help that the media censor and actively ignore any criticism of the movement, even if it’s from “People of colour”.
There’s loss of footage of black business owners condemning the violence and calling for it to end but it’s never shown on the media.

CallMeLucifer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
On the topic of Ant Middleton; would anyone else like to see him be on a revived series of 'Bad lad's army'? That show was definitely more entertaining than the celebrity trash that is SAS: Who dares win.

J9R4W

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yea I would agree on that. It doesn’t help that teachers tend to be mostly lefty wackos. I used to argue with my Modern Studies teacher all the time because they were a havering die hard communist.
Kids tend to parrot and go with the herd because they don’t want to stick out and be ostracised. Hopefully as they grow up they start to challenge this group think, and think for themselves.

Sadly the irony of smashing up black owned businesses and burning down black communities is lost on them. And it doesn’t help that the media censor and actively ignore any criticism of the movement, even if it’s from “People of colour”.
There’s loss of footage of black business owners condemning the violence and calling for it to end but it’s never shown on the media.
This is very true of HE also. One of my university professors brought up the subject of Brexit during a 1-1 tutorial, and I said I that I happened to have voted for it, and I was then told to "keep that opinion to yourself" and "not to broadcast it". This was at a good uni as well, one that I worked hard to get into. It didn't seem that odd at the time as the whole institution and most/all of the students are very left-leaning.

Last edited:

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
This is very true of HE also. One of my university professors brought up the subject of Brexit during a 1-1 tutorial, and I said I that I happened to have voted for it, and I was then told to "keep that opinion to yourself" and "not to broadcast it". This was at a good uni as well, one that I worked hard to get into. It didn't seem that odd at the time as the whole institution and most/all of the students are very left-leaning.
Was he telling you to keep it to yourself to protect you or was he not wanting to do what university’s are designed for and debate, discuss and learn?

It always makes me laugh when people who never leave the education system, never had a real job, have such strong opinions on things.

I have a few mates who went to uni and just kept continuing to take further and further education, never had a real job never explored and been across the world and had different experiences yet they seem to shout the loudest about stuff they don’t know about and how they could magically fix the worlds problems.

Jordan Peterson had a good lecture on the overwhelming left bias in the education system. And how the centre is the new right. And it’s constantly moving the goalposts.

J9R4W

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Was he telling you to keep it to yourself to protect you or was he not wanting to do what university’s are designed for and debate, discuss and learn?

It always makes me laugh when people who never leave the education system, never had a real job, have such strong opinions on things.

I have a few mates who went to uni and just kept continuing to take further and further education, never had a real job never explored and been across the world and had different experiences yet they seem to shout the loudest about stuff they don’t know about and how they could magically fix the worlds problems.

Jordan Peterson had a good lecture on the overwhelming left bias in the education system. And how the centre is the new right. And it’s constantly moving the goalposts.
No I don't think he was, that professor was pretty vocal politically and critical of Brexit. I clearly just had the 'wrong opinion' on it.

It is odd, and it's interesting you mention JP as he said that there's often some resentment that academics have which stems from the fact that people of equally high intelligence in the private sector tend to earn way more money compared to those in academia, and are often in roles with much more responsibility/power (CEOs, CFOs etc.,) unlike careers in academia.

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

A victory for the right in unis recently, I'll need to find a source but a couple of weeks ago some sort of law passed that forces unis to allow Freedom Of Speech on campus, e.g. they can no longer prevent the likes of Jordan Peterson from appearing and speaking at an event as long as one of the societies or faculties invites them. This was deliberately brought in to counter Cancel Culture which overwhelmingly targets the Right and previously has prevented right-wing speakers from appearing creating a left-wing echo chamber.

On the subject of Ant Middleton perhaps costing too much for CH4. It made the press recently that his tax returns suggest last year he made over £2.5m. If it's true that CH4 budget is only £10m now then 100% there'll be a financial incentive to cut him. Obviously to be noted ch4 didn't pay him that much - his books and speeches will have contributed a lot plus the guy literally Trademarked his own name!

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
A victory for the right in unis recently, I'll need to find a source but a couple of weeks ago some sort of law passed that forces unis to allow Freedom Of Speech on campus, e.g. they can no longer prevent the likes of Jordan Peterson from appearing and speaking at an event as long as one of the societies or faculties invites them. This was deliberately brought in to counter Cancel Culture which overwhelmingly targets the Right and previously has prevented right-wing speakers from appearing creating a left-wing echo chamber.

On the subject of Ant Middleton perhaps costing too much for CH4. It made the press recently that his tax returns suggest last year he made over £2.5m. If it's true that CH4 budget is only £10m now then 100% there'll be a financial incentive to cut him. Obviously to be noted ch4 didn't pay him that much - his books and speeches will have contributed a lot plus the guy literally Trademarked his own name!
Interesting.

Whether you like him or not, agree with his career now or not, he’s gone out and made himself a brand and he’s done well for himself and fair enough to him. It’s not conventional and he’s taken a lot of chances and opportunities so fair play.