Opinions on my plan

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by The Creature of the Night, Sep 8, 2018.

1. The Creature of the Night

The Creature of the Night Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Hi all:
    Just want some opinions on a plan I've self-created and was wondering whether I should do more or less.

Monday:
    A.M:
    3 mile run as quickly as possible
    4x10 each of press-ups, sit-ups and star-jumps

P.M:
    10 lengths of the poll

Tuesday:
    A.M:
    Endurance run (essentially, I run till legs give out)

P.M:
    Stretches

Wednesday:
    A.M:
    4x10 press-ups, sit-ups and and a rather rubbish attempt at pull-ups

P.M:
    30 minutes on the rower

Thursday:
    A.M:
    3 miler as quickly as possibly
    Stretches

P.M:
    60-minute swim

Friday:
    A.M:
    'Hilltervals' (whereby I complete intervals up a hill) for 30 minutes

P.M:
    Nothing

Saturday:
    A.M:
    Easy jog for an hour
    Bench press (4x10 at 70ibs)
    Deadlift (4x15 at 60ibs)

P.M:
    Jog

Sunday:
    Rest

Now, as people will know, I've had a severe chest infection for around 9 weeks (till I finally buckled and went to the doctors); so have just eased back into fitness and find the above plan manageable to the extent I am not ill after it; with room for improvement.

I was wondering whether I could keep the above schedule to keep me fit, and ready, for RMR?

Best wishes;
    The Creature of the Night.

2. bcfc_4life

bcfc_4life New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Looks pretty complete, but, and although I’m not a marine, I question why you’re doing rowing?

Personally, I’d stick to the disciplines that you’ll be tested against during your PRMC - get your 1.5 mile runs in, make sure your press ups/pull ups/sit ups are to standard, download a beep test audio and build your training from there.

Whatever sport I’ve lent myself to in the past, I’ve seen most progres by training routines that suit that discipline.

Good luck with your training lad

3. Lawman

Lawman Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Rowing is great for your lats, and can help build endurance that can later help for other exercises, rowing is also a great fat burner.

4. bcfc_4life

bcfc_4life New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Agreed, but on the same note, the lats are mainly recruited in PRMC via pull ups... for me personally - I’d be dedicating my time and efforts towards doing those instead.

Not teaching anybody to suck eggs, but in terms of ‘fat burning’ - any high intensity workout will be of aid. So long as calories in is less than calories used then you’ll loose weight. Cycling is another great exercise, but there’s none of that on the PRMC either...

The strategy I’m taking is to get good at all the required disciplines abd take it to the point where the best run return times become comfortable, and 60 press ups, 16 pull ups, 80 sit ups etc become second nature.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  5. stringer98

stringer98 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    i sense you are not so strong when it comes to pull ups so i, personally, would add more sessions in with pull ups, things that help with pull ups to such as lat pull downs but at the end of the day the more pull ups you do the better you will be at them. Try the gainers technique or eccentric pull ups.

• Like Like x 1