OPPD Recommendation (Zoom with a PTI)

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just a bit of a Testimonial post to say if your AFCO offers an Online Physical Preparation Day it's well worth it.

I signed up to do one this week and have subsequently booked for several more. It was with an RM/RMR PTI and was a good little session.

Only about 40 mins long due to the time constraints of Zoom however it was good to be given some circuits at someone else's direction rather than falling into the trap of always doing the same thing that you plan yourself, and without a doubt it is a lot more relevant to our Goals than anything that your local Gym PT can offer if you're the type to do that. Plus it's free.

Final note is that it wasn't an intimidating environment, was actually mega constructive and helpful. When I was an RMR nod in 2013/moved over to regular training in 2015 in all honesty it often felt like the PTIs were purely there to inflict suffering and every phys session seemed brutal for the sake of it. I remember some sessions and PTIs that honestly prioritised thr*shings over real phys, however this time round I have found on both vPJFT+ and this OPPD event now that the PTIs really want to get the very best out of every candidate and the phys and advice is really constructive. We were led through some stretching at the end and given some hydration and nutrition advice etc.

Not sure if it is a national system or just being offered through our AFCO but highly recommend!

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
It is done through AFCO,s numbers a a bit limited though , so AFCOS may be required to place candidates they feel need the sessions for the most benefit, so they may be placed onto it as opposed to the mega keen guys who want to do everything but are already on track.

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It is done through AFCO,s numbers a a bit limited though , so AFCOS may be required to place candidates they feel need the sessions for the most benefit, so they may be placed onto it as opposed to the mega keen guys who want to do everything but are already on track.

Fair, imagine i got quite lucky then as did anyone at the same afco as it seems to have been sent out to all of us and was easy to jump on. But well worth it for anyone who can do it.

New Threads