Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Opticians report Confusion

Discussion in 'Overseas Section' started by saapplicant, Jul 22, 2019.

1. saapplicant

saapplicant New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I'm a little confused, I'm applying from South Africa and am stuck on the following;

What is the procedure with the opticians report

I see theres a “boots opticians corporate eyecare scheme” what is this?

Thanks

2. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Moderator

Boots is an opticians in the U.K.

You will be instructed by your Careers Adviser in terms of what you will need to do in SA.

As part of the selection process you will be required to undergo aneyesight examination and the Medical Officer will make the finaldecision on whether you meet the Naval Service standards.

You will be issued a letter authorising you to have an opticians test free of charge at the contracted opticians (Currently Boots ).

3. Claddagh

Claddagh Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    My son had that report completed 3 times in SA-including by an optician who had worked in the UK for a few years-he said they do things slightly differently in terms of completing the reports.
    Long story short. Had it done in the UK...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Daffs

Daffs New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    You can go to any optician in SA , just ensure that ALL details on that form are filled in, every section. It must be a full, complete report. Ours was accepted, no problem.

5. saapplicant

saapplicant New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Ok cool, so just let my optician fill it in,

Obviously want make sure ive got everything 100% complete first

I also have a question on the “ 2 references from prominent members of the community”
    Where and who did you go to? So i have an idea

May i ask how you guys sent over all the documents?

6. Daffs

Daffs New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Yes , just make sure that every point has a number or result filled in on the opticians report.
    For 2 references, we chose people who have known my son since he was small, someone of good standing. One was his primary school rugby coach who he was still very friendly with after leaving school. The other was a friend down the road that has watched him grow up in the community. You're welcome to pm me if you have any questions. My son starts RT on 9th September. With regards to the docs we emailed everything through to the overseas desk email address.

7. Daffs

Daffs New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Sorry emailed and then posted to the address provided as requested on the overseas correspondence email.

8. Claddagh

Claddagh Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    My son got references from an old family friend who is an attorney, and from his old House Master from Hostel.

Use PostNet-they courier it over -A4 size, less than 2 kgs is R360. Takes 2/3 days to get there.

@Daffs you got lucky! We really battled

• Like Like x 1
  9. Daffs

Daffs New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    @Claddagh indeed, I know some people really battle with a lot of different aspects of the application. Quiet frustrating at the best of times

10. saapplicant

saapplicant New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Thanks a lot! I'm sure i will have a few more questions, appreciate the help

• Like Like x 1
  11. saapplicant

saapplicant New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Just about ready to send over all my documentation.

Were there any other points that i should double check?