Other tall stories.....

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score

Two British traffic patrol officers from North Berwick, east of Edinburgh, were involved in an unusual incident while checking for speeding motorists on the A1 Great North Road.

One of the officers used a hand-held radar device to check the speed of a vehicle approaching over the crest of a hill, and was surprised when the speed was recorded at over 300mph. The machine then stopped working and the officers were not able to reset it.

The radar had in fact locked on to a NATO Tornado fighter jet over the North Sea, which was engaged in a low-flying exercise over the Borders district.

Back at police headquarters the chief constable fired off a stiff complaint to the RAF Liaison office.

Back came the reply:
" Thank you for your message, which allows us to complete the file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Tornado had automatically locked on to your 'hostile radar equipment' and sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, the Sidewinder air-to-ground missiles aboard the fully-armed aircraft had also locked on to the target. Fortunately the Dutch pilot flying the Tornado responded to the missile status alert intelligently and was able to override the automatic protection system before the missile was launched."

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* I can see the headline if he didn't override it! "Dutch pilot anihilates the A1 Great North Road with missiles - 2 Traffic Police Officers are to blame".

It's a bit dodgey isn't it, what was he doing with automatic missile launcher thingy-ma-jiggy? Gees!

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
oi oi...

a biker ey...
what bike ya got fella?
HAD! a gixer thou, see my photos!! but i threw it a transit van.

Might buy me another one for the summer. Stuck between the RC8, new GSXR-1000, or a 1098R

we'll see

Jewell

Reaction score
HAD! a gixer thou, see my photos!! but i threw it a transit van.

Might buy me another one for the summer. Stuck between the RC8, new GSXR-1000, or a 1098R

we'll see
nice i had the k3 thou in blue/white...

you threw it at a transit?tidy.

good effort,i hit a pedestrian on my 2 day old bike....result!

you do any trackdays?

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
nice i had the k3 thou in blue/white...

you threw it at a transit?tidy.

good effort,i hit a pedestrian on my 2 day old bike....result!

you do any trackdays?
Guessing you dont watch road racing then, i used to race when i was younger.

Ulster, Northern 100, Olivers Mount, TT.

If i do track days it was normally testing, i did a bit of testing for alot of guys. But after a spout of bad results, and my typical "Stacka" attitude, i got dropped from a lot of teams, So did the R6 cup. Ran out of money, so decided to hang up my race warmers.

Favourite Circuit is either Cadwell or Mallory.

What do you have at the moment? We can do a track day if you want?

Jewell

Reaction score
yeah i watch road racing,BSB,WSB and the GP.

nothing mate,got rid of everything to go to Oz for a year,came back couple months ago and just chilling working abit and getting fit.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
yeah i watch road racing,BSB,WSB and the GP.

nothing mate,got rid of everything to go to Oz for a year,came back couple months ago and just chilling working abit and getting fit.
Well if your interesting i can get a track day £300 all in with a New R6......You can chase me round if you dare too....*text deleted*

In my Eyes, MotoGP is the only thing to watch at the moment, maybe BSB if Shakey and Rutter can still pull off those sort of rides.

But with Rossi back on form, and Toseland riding like a chap...MotoGP is the only place to be.

Jewell

Reaction score
Well if your interesting i can get a track day £300 all in with a New R6......You can chase me round if you dare too....*text deleted*

In my Eyes, MotoGP is the only thing to watch at the moment, maybe BSB if Shakey and Rutter can still pull off those sort of rides.

But with Rossi back on form, and Toseland riding like a chap...MotoGP is the only place to be.
£300 all in....thats ok incl the bike...

which track would that be fella?interested.

I love shakey,guy is a legend...

Motogp has got very interesting in the last couple years....top viewing.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
£300 all in....thats good...

which track would that be fella?interested.

I love shakey,guy is a legend...

Motogp has got very interesting in the last couple years....top viewing.
Erm any circuit......which have you been too? Cadwell is mad fun, over the mountain.

Mallory is technical, and fast.....

Donnington, if you got the bollocks.

Not as fast as Snetterton!!! ......i was blasting 190 at the end of the back straigh there, good fun.

Its up to you, tell which circuit youd rather do.And ill arrange, you can kip at mine if its a local circuit.

Jewell

Reaction score
i haven't done snetterton or mallory....

donny is my fav. :)

Reason i asked about the track,thought it would be a local kinda thing only.

cheers dude.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
i haven't done snetterton or mallory....

donny is my fav. :)

Reason i asked about the track,thought it would be a local kinda thing only.

cheers dude.
Let me know when your free, we can some sort of agreement. You got a mate who can spanner for you?