Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Out of country Autumn 2019 - When to apply for 2020 entry?

Discussion in 'RM Officer questions' started by welshj, Apr 8, 2019.

1. welshj

welshj New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hi all,

Finishing up with my Master's in March next year. Pretty set on applying for 2020 entry as an officer. However, as part of the course I'm out of the country between September and December 2019. My reason for joining this forum is to find out how will this affect entry, in so far as; will there be time to begin an application on return (perhaps having started the online parts abroad), or if it is possible/advisable to begin the application before I leave? But then it may be broken up by time abroad?

Cheers.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

You need to submit an online application lo later than the preceding December before the targetted September entry date. Odds are your test will not be booked until January anyway if you apply between 1st - 20th Dec.

3. welshj

welshj New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Okay thanks, just a quick clarification, can you apply right up to December 31st for entry the following year, or is the cut off some point in December?
    P.s. really informative and helpful site you've got here

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

The cut off is usually December 31st. Any application submitted beyond that date runs the risk of not completing selection in time.

There will, of course, be "last minute merchants" who leave it too late & then have a good old rant because the service doesn't fall over backwards to accelerate the process to compensate for their tardiness. The point is simply that there's always a surplus of RM Officer aspirants.

Time management & prior planning, such as you are undertaking, tends to pay dividends.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  5. welshj

welshj New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Okay cheers, looks like I'll be a reasonably late applicant in mid-December. Hopefully it won't count against me. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Applying before a closing date will not adversely affect selection. There will undoubtedly be successful applicants who apply a month or two later, score higher than earlier applicants & get selected.

The bottom line is forethought and planning for unforseen contingencies helps maximise the opportunities to achieve success.

7. dodgyknees

dodgyknees Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    If I could just throw something into the mix. If you have had ANY medical issues in the past you will need additional time to get through the nightmare that is Capita.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  8. welshj

welshj New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    One slightly dodgy shoulder, have had physio etc but not an operation. May have to explore medical in more detail with AFCO before I leave. Thanks again.