Outrageously disgracefull!!

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
My Girlfriend (x LARA x) was banned from this site and recieved a number of emails from the admin team, that in my view were absolutely out of order and quite frankly realy upset her and made her feel realy victimised.

Firstly, she was told that she was banned because she was a woman, and by being on this forum she would be encouraging younger boys to want to show off in front of her rather than use the site to talk about the Marines.

In my view, that is sexist and the younger boys should be warned not my girlfriend kicked off the site!!

Secondly, she was then told she had been talking about thigs that were unrelated to the marines, and that this is not what the forum is for. The admin team told her to use msn if she wanted to talk about anything unrelated to the marines!

This is OUTRAGEOUS!

Not only do we ALL talk about things unrelated to the marines, there is a WHOLE section dedicated to it!! Which ALL of her threads were under.

SHE NEVER wrote in any thread about the Marines and took it off subject. She wrote in 'Welcome to PRMC site' and 'Jollies section'.

Quite frankly she feels VERY unwelcome, upset and although her ban has now been lifted, she has been warned only to talk about the Marines.

YOUR COMMENTS PLEASE.

P.S. you are welcome to say I am wrong to be so angry at the way she has been treated, but in return, to prevent yourself being a hypocrite, you should never mention anything unrelated to the marines again.

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
well I know I was really immature and I appolagised for that and stopped, sorry again, I think it's a bit OTT to ban her.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I'm not aware of what you did/said?

Lara did say some people started asking for pics and it was getting on her nerves.

But at the end of the day, she didn't respond to any of those comments, and those people should be warned/banned, not her!

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I feel slightly responsible so i apologise, never asked for pics, merely engaged in conversation off topic.

It is over the top to ban her however as i thought the site was getting to know people as well as to talk about the marines. After all we need to talk to people to get to know them and that so we get on better if we go on PRMC or RT together... Thought that was part of the point of the site?

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
this is why women complicate things, they should just stay out of everything all together, no offence towards you mate but personally i wouldnt take my girlfriend down to the pub where i was meeting all my marine mates, i see this forum as the same sort of environment.

thats just my opinion.

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
this is why women complicate things, they should just stay out of everything all together, no offence towards you mate but personally i wouldnt take my girlfriend down to the pub where i was meeting all my marine mates, i see this forum as the same sort of environment.

thats just my opinion.

..a slightly retarded one.

(no offence intended)

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've not read many of Lara's post so can't comment on the content but I do know that when we have had girls on the site before some users have got a bit out of hand with their comments and innuendos (most likely because they were young and didn’t have a girlfriend - no offence intended, but it is pretty bad if you get excited over the fact that there is a girl on the internet).

Whilst Lara might not have been responsible for comments and topic of conversion towards her she certainly was the cause. This leaves the admins with two choices. One, they could ban the handful of users who are making the comments, this however still leaves the cause of the problem meaning it will likely happen again in the future and also means a handful of people genuinely wanting to join the Royal Marines are denied the knowledge this forum can bring.

The second option is to remove the cause, fair enough this may be unfair and unpleasant for Lara but it is the only way to stop threads getting out of hand. Also Lara may be temporarily upset but it will not effect her long term goals and ambitions.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I feel slightly responsible so i apologise, never asked for pics, merely engaged in conversation off topic.

It is over the top to ban her however as i thought the site was getting to know people as well as to talk about the marines. After all we need to talk to people to get to know them and that so we get on better if we go on PRMC or RT together... Thought that was part of the point of the site?

Well yea, and not just that, but if you are talking in the 'Jollies section' the description of which reads "A place to chat about things other than the Royal Marines. Football, Women, you name it!" then surely it's ok to go off subject from the Marines......!!

she wants to get to know the people I chat to so she feels comfortable in asking questions about what I'm getting myself into, so she can understand me better.

thats just my opinion.

I totally understand your point, and I respect your opinion. But I don't agree, as I do take my girlfriends to the pub, and I would take my girlfriend to meet my Marine mates.

Also, she isn't realy on here as 'my girlfriend' she is on here for her own research.

She could have signed in as a bloke, but then she wouldn't have recieved the correct advice, it would have been dishonest, and as i also use her PC I would have been accused of having 2 accounts.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I've not read many of Lara's post so can't comment on the content but I do know that when we have had girls on the site before some users have got a bit out of hand with their comments and innuendos (most likely because they were young and didn’t have a girlfriend - no offence intended, but it is pretty bad if you get excited over the fact that there is a girl on the internet).

Whilst Lara might not have been responsible for comments and topic of conversion towards her she certainly was the cause. This leaves the admins with two choices. One, they could ban the handful of users who are making the comments, this however still leaves the cause of the problem meaning it will likely happen again in the future and also means a handful of people genuinely wanting to join the Royal Marines are denied the knowledge this forum can bring.

The second option is to remove the cause, fair enough this may be unfair and unpleasant for Lara but it is the only way to stop threads getting out of hand. Also Lara may be temporarily upset but it will not effect her long term goals and ambitions.

but that would mean, by your morals, that if for no reason at all in your view, everyone started to hate you, and spent the whole time giving you abuse, then YOU should be banned, cause you are the cause of all their abuse, therefore if just YOU get banned (despite the fact you have done nothing to cause their anger) then the whole problem will go away.

I understand your point, put it is victimising Lara, when she has done nothing wrong but try to fit in.

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
A biscuit only wants to please a dog with its tasty morsels but drop it over a group of 10 pitbulls and it wont be pretty.

*text deleted**text deleted* im like ghandi or something.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
A biscuit only wants to please a dog with its tasty morsels but drop it over a group of 10 pitbulls and it wont be pretty.

*text deleted**text deleted* im like ghandi or something.

So if 30 men gang rape 1 woman again and again each week, the 1 woman should be punished because without her they wouldn't be commiting the crime.

Again I see your weak point, but she isn't a *text deleted**text deleted** biscuit, and we live in a sophisticated democracy whereby problems should be worked out without victimisation.

All the people being rude, suggestive or whatever, towards her don't have to be banned, just asked to rein in their behavoir, and then Lara asked not to rise to their immaturity (which she didn't anyway).

Oh look its put stars over my f u k i n. how clever

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
To be honest i do not know what the problem is... She joined to read up on marines and get advice and join in the banter... Some innuendos may have been made by different people but if no offense was taken and we are allowed to talk off subject in the Jollies Bar why did she get banned?

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
To be honest i do not know what the problem is... She joined to read up on marines and get advice and join in the banter... Some innuendos may have been made by different people but if no offense was taken and we are allowed to talk off subject in the Jollies Bar why did she get banned?

exactly. just go into the funnies section and read all the jokes about shaggin and killing babies, yet people can't banter with my missus.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like people chatting to my missus in that way, but it still doesn't make it wrong, *text deleted* I can't deny I wouldn't have done the same!

I have had an on going banter with one member on here about shagin his mum!! He gives back to me as good as he gets, but neither of us have been banned for it!!

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yes i think there needs to be a one rule fits all. Either we all tone down, a lot in some peoples cases, or we are allowed to express ourselves in full. As long as it is an appropriate part of the site.

We want to be marines! Course we are going to be a little mad!

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
dont get too used to democracy if you want to join the marines mate.

to be honest,i dont give a *text deleted**text deleted* about your girlfriend, as soon as i saw that thread i thought it was weird someones girlfriend would even WANT to come on a forum full of young men wanting to join the military.. athough from a womans points of view i can see the advantages.

i dont see why you couldnt have just talked her through everything you will be doing in real life rather than meeting up on a forum to chat about it.

Ninja, maybe you should set a new section for WAGS.

jcooke

Reaction score
Heya Matt B,

I did view the thread yesterday, but I wasn’t convinced it was for real so didn’t post any comments.

I saw it about halfway through, when it wasn't particularly relevant to the original posts. Shame really because I am in a similar position. My Girlfriend has been really supportive and I have recommend she look at the RM website for information, but have never recommended she post on here as I have seen a similar thread get shot down by GreyWing / Ninja (I think, sorry if it wasn't you) and others where a person claimed to be the mother of an unborn child to a dad who was off to join the Marines. GreyWing sensibly pointed out to people not to pass on contact details, and the thread became littered with abusive comments and stuff, (cant remember the thread, try baby or something in the search engine I guess, saw it when I was seeing who was online and saw someone else reading it) which is also why I wasn’t a real person posting as your girlfriend and assumed it might be a fake.

But I know my missus would like to be able to chat about her concerns as we do with each other, especially after she watched last nights panorama which made her upset, and I know she thinks that I will always just give her the POV I want her to hear.

Not really sure what you can do about it as I see similar problems occurring whenever these sort of posts happen, I agree with what others have said about the action taken by the MODs being the best course of action for stopping the immediate problem, and I feel sorry for you and your missus that she had the reception she did, which I am sure no one meant to be inappropriate or to be taken as far as it was. Hope she doesn’t take it to heart and she gets right behind you in your application fella

(Sorry for the length of this post, looked up and it is pretty wordy)

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
dont get too used to democracy if you want to join the marines mate.

to be honest,i dont give a *text deleted**text deleted* about your girlfriend, as soon as i saw that thread i thought it was weird someones girlfriend would even WANT to come on a forum full of young men wanting to join the military.. athough from a womans points of view i can see the advantages.

i dont see why you couldnt have just talked her through everything you will be doing in real life rather than meeting up on a forum to chat about it.

Ninja, maybe you should set a new section for WAGS.

I have talked to her on many occasions, but there is no harm in her sorting other peoples advice and knowledge, after all I don't know everything!

If she wanted to talk to WAGS she wouldn't be on here!

Again if she wanted to chat to people joining the military for the reasons you are implying, she wouldn't be with me, and no offence to you guys, but I'm sure there are sites she could go on with a slightly higher calibre of men, with more accomplishments than ambitions.

I am logging off now.

she is still banned by the way, despite agreeing not to start threads unrelated to the marines (I assume we are all still alowed to however!!)

please continue to write your points of view.

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
im over it, i thought the point of this website was for MEN wishing to find out information and guidance from other MEN also interested in acheiving a common goal.